Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hereford Inlet

On Monday I was heading to the store, and on impulse I turned instead out Route 147 toward North Wildwood. I was feeling pretty good, and the morning was cool, so I decided to take a chance and make a visit to the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse gardens. It is not a large area, and there are plenty of benches where I could sit a while if I had difficulty. That proved to be a good thing. I really can't walk far or stand too long any more.

As always, the gardens were absolutely beautiful. They were also quite crowded. The small parking area was full, and many people seemed to be walking in or riding their bikes. Yellow seemed to be the main theme this year, at least on the street side. I also went a little toward the back, but did not attempt to go on up to the water this time.


There are many colors of hibiscus.









I was particularly impressed with the hydrangeas, both white and pink. They were huge balls of blossoms!

I think I will just show you pictures today.





































I really love red honeysuckle.


























The rose of sharon is a gorgeous shade of blue.






















Here are some of those pink hydrangeas.



I intended to show you more, but Blogger doesn't like all of these pictures. I'd better not attempt them.





There will be just a few on Sky Watch this week, but not those I'd meant for this post.




This is part of the shade garden.








This is under the white hydrangea.

5 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, what a beautiful garden, Bobbie! And your photos are gorgeous! Such rich, lovely colors! I would definitely like to visit there. The hydrangeas and the red honeysuckle are really beautiful. Thanks for sharing the beauty!

Daryl said...

Oh Bobbie ... truly lovely

Deborah Godin said...

Wow, those are gardens to make the heart beat faster!! Even lovlier when enlarged, too!

karin said...

I love your pictures. Reminds me of when I lived in the East. When I was six years old we moved into a house in Brooklyn which had two overgrown beautiful hydrangea bushes which we had to get rid of a make our garden look like all those other well-kept gardens on the street. I marvelled at how some were white and some pink and some blue all on the same bush.

Hey Harriet said...

Not only is the lighthouse unusual but so is the fact that it's surrounded by gorgeous gardens. I've never seen anything like this before! I love that photo of the pathway with the round stepping stones. What a magical place!