Sunday, January 24, 2010

Strange Things Are Happening

Yes, strange things are happening.

For instance, it seems that my daughter, Rita, cannot wear a watch. We've known this for a long time. It was just brought to my attention again because she now has to ride a bus to work some days, and would really like to be able to glance at a watch to know if it is time for its arrival.

When Rita wears a watch, or even if she carries one in her pocket or on a chain around her neck, the watch stops. If it is the digital type, the battery runs out very quickly, so that one will stop too. Because of the bus schedule thing, she picked up an inexpensive watch, and tried keeping it in her purse. It is running very fast, and she never knows if it is ten minutes ahead, or even more. She has to reset it constantly. There just seems to be no way for her to be able to carry the time with her. She has to have access to a clock.

Curious. Anyone have an idea why this happens?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bobbie - this is very interesting. I'm sure there would be theories about it on the net (it being full of loonies). For my two pennies worth, I'll say that I'm sure some people give off some sort of electrical frequencies or vibrations of some kind that make this kind of thing happen. For instance, I have noticed, over many years, how street lights will go off (or on) when I walk past them. It doesn't happen every time but often enough to be more than coincidence. This seems to be particularly acute when I'm more stressed. On the other hand, maybe I'm just nuts! Have you ever heard of the '11:11' phenomenon? This happens to me very regularly. Check that one out. Strange things do happen. (maybe!!)

bobbie said...

It's kind of a fun thing, isn't it? Fun and funny.
The 11:11 phenomenon is weird, Bear. I think Gary is a kook.

Daryl said...

Fascinating ... Just for the heck of it I Googled "Cant wear a watch" .. and here a link to the page that came up

click here

Anonymous said...

Do you mean Gary L. Johnson? I've just looked him up as I've never heard of him. He seems insane. He's giving rest of us nut-jobs a bad name! Seriously, though, it IS very strange.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I have no idea why. Can she use the clock on her cell phone? Does that work for her?

Paz

bobbie said...

Paz: She doesn't own a cell phone.

Daryl: Never occurred to me to Google it. Thanks! I had no idea there were so many people who can't wear a watch.

Anonymous said...

OMG! No cell phone!?

Paz (eyes bugging out, mouth hanging open) LOL! ;-)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Great idea to google the topic. Interesting results.

Paz

karin said...

Really interesting. Can't google it now. Have to get back to "Cat's Cradle" Maybe Bokonon knows. Actually I think my sister had a similar problem but she's too out of it now for me to ask her.

kenju said...

My mother was the same way, Bobbie. It had to do with the electrical systems in her body.

I hardly ever wear my watch anymore - I use my cell phone to tell the time.

Kitty said...

Seems to me she's also been known to set automatic doors at the stores going wacky. Your third-born is odd.

--the normal one

Rambling Woods said...

I've never heard of that. I hate watches and just hang a clock on my purse..but I don't have problems like this.. Hmmmm..strange...Michelle