Saturday, April 24, 2010

Birds and Flowers

Hope you have visited the red tailed hawks on the sidebar. I missed a few days, and when I got back to them there were three chicks in the nest instead of three eggs. The cute little things seems to be very healthy and active.

I don't seem to have found the right plug in yet on the new computer for the eagles. I'm sure I'll come up with that soon.

I did some planting on Saturday. Wore myself out. Rita does most of the work, and I'm the one who gets tired. We were pleased to see many cosmos reappearing from last year. We are getting rain again, so I won't have to water right away. My snow peas are sprouting very nicely too.

Still no hummers at the feeder. I must get a hanging basket of flowers to further entice them,

3 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

The birds are very busy in our backyard though I have yet to see a Hummer!
I love that your Cosmos have reseeded themselves.

Rambling Woods said...

Thanks for reminding me about the hawk babies...I don't have any hummers here yet either and I don't know why, maybe we don't have enough flowers yet either. I am wondering what plug-in your would need and I can't figure it out Bobbie...Michelle

Kathie Brown said...

Gus and I spent the weekend planting a cactus garden. We both got sunburnt doing it but it's looking good so far. Gus took some photos of our progress which I hope to post soon.