Monday, May 24, 2010

Pretty Visitor




There was a very pretty visitor to my garden today. I was pleased to see her (or him) and decided to take a few pictures if she let me.







There isn't much blooming yet of course. That didn't seem to bother her.



















In fact, she completely ignored this -











In favor of the cosmos, which have a long way to go before they bloom. She seemed to like them very much anyway, and came back to them again and again.







She is welcome in my garden any time. In fact, I hope she brings her friends.

10 comments:

Daryl said...

Exquisite photos ...

me ann my camera said...

Lovely! I hsvesn't hsd much luk with butterflies this year. You made a great photo capture! Ann

dianasfaria.com said...

awww! such a nice thought Bobbie, "...I hope she brings her friends."

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

It's hard to photograph butterflies, but yours turn out fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. We used to get lots of butterflies but they seem to be in alarming decline around here.

Unknown said...

Beautiful shots, Bobbie!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful! Glad you were able to take his/her photo.

Paz

Anonymous said...

pretty

Dawn Fine said...

Beautiful Butterfly..hope you get more and more!

Rambling Woods said...

I looked it up and I think it is a black swallowtail....