Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bobbie has a new grandson

I meant to post here for my mom's birthday (March 16), which my husband, son and I celebrated by sprinkling some of her ashes in Big Sur, CA. It was a lovely day; and thanks to my mom, a final opportunity to be there before we moved east to Massachusetts. -- that day, just before we were to drive home, there was a major landslide that blocked the road causing us to have to drive hours out of our way to get back. It was not fixed for weeks and weeks - until after we were out of time to visit - and was joined by other slides in the meantime. If it weren't for mom's birthday, we'd not have been in Big Sur on a random Wednesday in March and we would have missed saying goodbye to our beautiful coastline.

I also meant to post here on Mother's Day, when the memorial brick to be placed at Leaming's Run Garden was finished. Though I have yet to see it in place, the pictures I received of it look lovely. You can see it on my blog here.

And I meant to post here on the one-year anniversary of her passing in June. On that day, also Father's Day this year, my siblings were scattering the last of Bobbie's ashes on my father's grave in New York.

Finally, I am posting here. Four's the charm, I guess. On August 5, I had a little boy named Rhys who will depend on my stories and those of his big brother and others to know his grandmom. You can read his birth announcement here.

Thanks for reading and for remembering with me. Kitty

9 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

Congrats on your little boy and how Bobbie would have loved that. I think of her often and have followed your journey across the country...
Michelle from ramblingwoods

DeVona said...

Your Mom's post was a regular part of my day. Her influence and memory remains.

Kitty said...

Thanks, ladies. I wasn't sure if anyone was still on the follow list for the blog, but I wanted to post in part to keep it active -- there are things on here I don't have elsewhere yet and don't want to lose. Much love.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm so late. Congratulations! I think of Bobbie often.

Peace.

Kathie Brown said...

Oh Kitty, congratulations! I am sure your Mom is smiling down from above and will hover like an angel over his life!

I have moved to Massachusetts also and now live in Andover. Your Mom was one of the first visitors to my blog and I always appreciated the words of encouragement and kind comments. It always made me smile to see her face pop up on my blog! Some day I hope to get down to Lemmings run and see that plaque and the place she loved. Sure wish i could have met her in person! I am so glad you have let her blog live on!

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Kitty, congratulations on the birth of your little boy Rhys. The photo with his big brother is precious. What handsome little boys you have. I was just getting to visit your Mom's blog when she passed but because I lost my own sister I put my 'Remember Bobbie' button on my blog page. I'm glad I came here today as I looked at her button and decided to come on over and remember Bobbie in my own way. God Bless to you and your family.

Girlie said...

congrats on your new grandson. He's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Remembering with love,

Maithri

Lisa said...

i miss her... and i never 'knew' her. peace to you and your little ones. xoxo