Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

Thanks to those who answered about the flower. Kitty has some doubts about it, but says it does attract snails just like the Nile Lily, sadly. Apparently snails are a really bad problem out there.
Except for my grandson. He loves them.


I called this "Wonderful Wednesday" because I just came from visiting Wyetta, and she is doing great! I was so happy to find her with a big grin on her face when I walked in. And when I greeted her, she SAID "Hello. How are you?" I haven't heard her voice in a long, long time. But today the ventilator is gone, and she is talking again. In fact, she chatted away most of the hour I spent with her. I think if I had been that long without really speaking, you wouldn't be able to shut me up. Lately, when I have been there, she has been very depressed, and sure she would never get home again. Today she was full of news about how she will soon be moving out of the section she is in now, and will have an electric scooter to move around in. She doesn't know if she will be able to walk again, but is pretty enthusiastic about the idea of getting home at least in a few months. She's talking about her flowers at home, wishing she could be there soon enough to see them this spring, but saying maybe she'll be there to see the fall foliage. So, yes. This Wednesday is definitely wonderful.

7 comments:

KG said...

Good for her! I'm glad she's doing well!

KG said...

Good for her! I'm glad she's doing well!

KG said...

Good for her! I'm glad she's doing well!

Dianne said...

Wonderful news about Wyetta!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

So nice to hear good news!! I hope Wyetta continues to improve. It's good news today for me, too. My mom is being transferred today from a dismal nursing home to one that is bright and sunny with a lot of happy faces. She has promised to work on getting strong, so we can bring her home again. What a relief!

You've been tagged on my blog today. No pressure, but please come see what I wrote about you. :)

A-Licious said...

oh wow - i love that!
wonderful wednesday and happy happy thursday to ya!

:o)

xoxoxoxox

a-licious

Minnesotablue said...

Good news that Wyetta is improving and an electric wheelchair will make it easier for her to get out and enjoythe spring weather