Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nice Morning


As a matter of fact, it was a beautiful morning. And Villas Girl had the day off. She asked me if I'd like to go over to Hereford Inlet. Sure I would!

We started out a little after 9:, and stopped on the way at the site of the os
prey nests we had seen before. No babies in the nests now of course, but we did see the parent birds.

I guess I'll post one of my photos, but Lisa alw
ays gets closer and nicer shots than I do, and she'll probably be posting them soon. I stayed in the car for this one. She got out and got closer.





I do enjoy just looking out over the wetlands. the grasses along the road are be
autiful.










Then we continued on to Hereford Lighthouse.




I was in seventh heaven, because the
re were so many butterflies today. I knew I wouldn't be able to capture many on film. I'm just too slow moving. But I had hopes. And I did manage a couple. I hope Lisa caught some. This is what I was able to do.
















There were a few other fuzzy ones, and there are a few pictures I really haven't examined too closely yet, but these are the best.














I had a lot better luck with the sparrows at the feeder.

They're easy.










And the gardens are as lovely as ever.


















They never seem to fail to outdo the summer before.








I think there was one year when I wasn't too happy with them. But that was really a matter of my own taste.

Others seemed to be just as thrilled as always. And that was the one and only time that I had any reservations.










I have visited these gardens at all times of day and in most kinds of weather. I sometimes like to just sit on a bench in a corner somewhere and listen to the birds and watch the butterflies and the squirrels going about their busy little lives. It's beautiful.






I was very glad that Lisa invited me to join her today. I always enjoy her company and we share a love of nature and of photography.














After she dropped me off at home, she continued on to the Nature Center in Goshen. I'm sure she'll have lots to tell you about that as well as lots more about the ospreys and the gardens, accompanied by her pictures.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely, Bobbie. Butterflies are in very short supply over here, so I'm glad you still have plenty near you. We are also scarily short on bees and ladybirds (I believe you call them ladyBUGS). In fact, I haven't seen a ladybird for a few years. What IS going on?

Unknown said...

Bear:
I have heard of the bee virus that kills them off in large numbers but not of anything similar for ladybugs. Curious. Perhaps it could be something that's particular to your local area? Sad to think of no butterflies and ladybugs.

Bobbie: What a fun day in a gorgeous place. Great photos.

bobbie said...

Yes, Bear, I am happy to say that we saw many types of butterflies today, as well as many bees, and even a ladybug. I am sorry to hear that you are not finding them in your area. I have also heard that we are losing bees in this country, but so far they are plentiful here.

me ann my camera said...

I think the flowers are spectacular and I could see the Monarch butterflies among them. Your day sounds like a wonderful outing, one that I would enjoy too.

Kelly said...

What a wonderful post!! The flowers were absolutely gorgeous!! They certainly brightened my day! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful day and saw all kinds of fun things!! The butterflys were so delightful as well...You know me, I could go on and on, but I'll just leave it as "Great photos and post and sounds like you had lots of fun!"

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hello! I am very glad you went. It is always a pleasure spending a day, or in this case, a morning with you. It is always special when people share a passion for nature and so on. Unfortunately I did not make it to the Goshen Nature Center. We'll have to plan that trip for one day next week. Lisa

kenju said...

Bobbie, don't apologize for your photos, they are lovely. I like the lantana!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, I felt like I was right there with you! And the photos are great, especially the last one of that "shy" blue flower peeking around the corner.

Ralph said...

Sounds like you had a great day at a beautiful place.
Ralph

Amila Salgado said...

Sounds like a good trip, Bobbie.
Lovely pics of flowers.

Judy said...

Hi Bobbie, This place looks like one I would just love to visit. I love purple flowers of any kind and there looks to be an abundance of them. The pictures are just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Mental P Mama said...

What a beautiful outing! We are starting to see lots of monarchs here, too. Which is always a treat, but a reminder that summer is drawing to a close...

Clara....in TN said...

I wish I could have tagged along. That is just my kind of day! Beautiful pictures. Clara

storyteller said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful morning with the rest of us. I just returned from my Photoshop Elements class and certainly enjoyed your beautiful photos … such gorgeous flowers ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Shelly said...

What a great day you had, I'm so glad you shared the flower photos, they're beautiful. Things are looking a little neglected in my flower gardens so seeing all your pretty photos was perfect.

nora leona said...

Looks like it was an amazing morning. I'll check out Lisa's photographs now.

Anonymous said...

beeeeeeyootiful garden pics, i love them! i like the one with the butterfly in it:) that's a good timing to get a pic of it:)

Anonymous said...

lovely flowers so very wonderful scene.