Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday #44


It's Sunday in Australia, and time for Shadow Shots, hosted by Tracey, at Hey Harriet.

Today I have pictures of a very old chair that was my mother's It was made by hand by an unknown ancestor of mine. Sorry that it is sitting on a terrible old carpet. Not the prettiest setting.





................................................

Let's all of us, wherever we are in this world, take a note from Australia and celebrate HARMONY DAY. All we have to do is remember that all of us on this planet should be treated with respect and kindness. We are all members of the only race - The Human Race. As Australia's motto for the day tells us - EVERYONE BELONGS.



Everyone truly does belong in the Family of Man.

16 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

cool shadow shots Bobbie!
Thanks for your kind comments about my anniversary.
Between your comments you leave me & your own wonderful blog, you always brighten up my day, thank you.
: )

Bj said...

The picture of your Mother's chair and it's history, made me smile inside. I have a table from my Mother and a tea pot from Grandmother. These two items are dear to my heart. Thanks for sharing this lovely picture.
USA/Tennessee

GalleryJuana said...

This is a beautiful, handmade chair. How neat that it was made by an ancestor.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like your chair shadows!

My Shadow Shot Sunday post is at
More of Me - EG

Terri said...

So funny - just moments ago I took a photo of a chair shadow in our dining room, looks very similar! I'll probably post mine next week, since I've already posted something else.

That's a beautiful chair, I love the lines.

Paula said...

That's a wonderfully made chair and the shadows are quite artistic. The color of the carpet is nice and netral, you did good. Happy SSS!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Hey Bobbie! Love that first shot - it is simple and the lines are just lovely!

Hot Fudge said...

Aren't you fortunate to have such a beautiful chair made by an ancestor. It's something to truly treasure.

Hey Harriet said...

Such a lovely old chair. And the carpet looks fine to me ;)

Happy Harmony Day. Oh I guess the day is over now. Well, in that case let's just say Happy Hamony :D

Carin said...

Great chair shadows!

What a nice idea Harmony Day is!

ahab said...

The great lines of that chair throw equally great shadows.

A Wild Thing said...

What a wonderful piece of family history, the last shot is my fave, beautiful workmanship and shadowshot!

Catherine said...

chairs always make wonderful subjects for great shadow shots... why is that compared to other pieces of furniture??

Unknown said...

The shadow does justice to the chair. Or is it the other way around? :-)

Happy SSS, Bobbie!

Chubby Chieque said...

U got it all, Lady... Fantastic Day.

Anonymous said...

Lovely chair shadows and memories of your mom too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,