Monday, June 22, 2009

At Least the Lawn Got Mowed

Yes, Al came and mowed my lawn! I was so glad to see him! There just has been so much rain, it's really getting out of hand. But he showed up today, between storms. I say "between" because it's already clouding up again, and I have no doubt we'll be getting more rain soon. Remind me of this when I'm dying of the unrelenting heat in August.

The hummingbirds amaze me all the time. Doesn't matter how it storms, or how the wind is whipping around, those tiny things come to the feeders as if the sun was shining.

The piles of dirt left by the gas line guys have now turned to piles of mud. What a mess! No one has come back to replace grass or mend broken driveways as yet. Al mows all over the Township, and he told me they have all the streets pretty broken up. We won't hold our breath until things are back to normal.

Think I'll go bring the car back into the drive, so it's easier to jump in during the next storm.

8 comments:

Daryl said...

It took ConEd two months to come by and inspect work that took a week to complete .. we finally got out gas turned on Weds

Unknown said...

It has rained and rained, hasn't it? It's very green but swamped. Ugh.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

This is very depressing with all this rain. Not that I'm looking forward to the dog days of summer either. Ugh, it seems like I'm never happy. Too hot. Too rainy. Too cloudy. Forget not being happy, I'm whinney.

Sylvia K said...

We haven't had so much rain, very little in fact, but it remains overcast and really chilly for late June. But I keep hoping!!

Stay dry, Bobbie, this too shall pass -- or so they say!

dianasfaria.com said...

isn't this weather incredible? It makes me really appreciate a sunny warm day. Lately a lot of people think it might stay like this the whole summer too.

Linda Murphy said...

I have been hearing all about the rain, from friends with a rainy vacation in upstate NY to my mom's flooded apartment.

I could always send you some of our lovely dry 108 degree weather tomorrow. I will be more than happy to share. :)

Casdok said...

Glad Al managed to get to you inbetween storms.
Hope things in your town get back to normal soon.

Deborah Godin said...

Hope you get cleaned up, patched up and put to rights soon! We have aimilar project coming at some point, not looking forward to the disruption here either. Wish we could just wave a wand!