Thursday, April 24, 2008

HUMMER


FIRST HUMMINGBIRD SIGHTING OF THE YEAR !

6:15 PM -
I was sitting in the living room, eating my supper. Was actually thinking of the hummers and wondering when they would show up. Happened to look out the open front door where the feeder hangs - and there he was ! I'm so glad I had put out nectar in hopes that one would show up.

So - It's official. First hummer I know of being sighted in Cape May County this year. I'm a happy camper.

Yes, I did get a picture, but it isn't really clear enough for anyone but me to know that it's a hummer.


5 comments:

Dianne said...

Welcome Hummingbird!!

bobbie - please tell them I've got goodies waiting for them right "up the parkway" :)

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Oh yayyy! Maybe they will arrive here soon, too.

Kathie Brown said...

Bobbie, congrats on the hummer. I've added your link to my poetry blog.

Ralph said...

You have got to love it when the birds return and the weather starts to warm up. This morning (Friday) looked out the kitchen window and saw my first robin of the year.
I love this time of year.
Ralph

 gmirage said...

hmmm...What a wonderful disply of nature's treasure...Please show them also at 'Green thumb sunday...'