Monday, April 7, 2008

THIS AND THAT

I have a distant cousin who sends me the cutest email sometimes. Yesterday, John sent me a Hooters Calendar I really liked. Take a look.


I spent yesterday playing on the computer. The switch from Linux to Micro Soft will really take me a while to get used to. It's going pretty well. The blog is OK, and of course the email. My two printers, "George" and "Julia", are working, with a couple of small glitches. I'm able to sc
an pictures now, and that's a big plus. I found pictures I'd taken a few years ago, scanned them in and uploaded them to my Flickr site. In fact, I played with Flickr for quite a while. Digital cameras are great, especially since my eyesight isn't what it used to be, but I really enjoyed using the good old SLR.


Here are a couple of old ones that I enjoy. The ducks w
ere local. The natural bridge is in Santa Cruz, CA. As always, click to enlarge.


There are so many. Between those that I shot myself, and those that my daughter has sent to me, I have hundreds of pictures. I must say, the biggest advantage of the digital is that we don't have to spend all that money on film and developing any more. I used to make a little darkroom of the bathroom. Wow! That was long ago.


My Micro Soft system doesn't have any games th
at I enjoy. The only mahjongg game it has is this one. Rita likes it. I don't. I liked the one I used to have. Can't remember its name, but it's the one in which the tiles took up the whole screen. It didn't take much real thought. I would play it while I was on the telephone - sort of like doodling, I guess. It was pretty much like playing solitaire. Just something you do without thinking - or rather, while you are thinking of something else. this system does have dozens of games, just none that I want to play.


Kitty sent more pictures that she had taken while they were here. One of me with Isaac outside of the lighthouse. One of me with R
ita, inside. (No, we didn't climb it that day.) I wonder how many pictures of Cape May Light I have taken in the past thirty years. I've tried to photograph all the lights in Jersey. Got most of them. One day I'll have to do a post with all the ones I have managed to capture. As you can see, it was really cold and windy that day. Isaac was even holding onto his hat. Don't know why I wasn't wearing one. I was just huddled up inside my jacket, shivering. But my grandson's hugs warmed me up. That will do it every time.


But a f
ew minutes later, he was just sitting by the lake, pretending to fish, and not bothered in the least by the cold.


Well, enough of this rambling on about nothing. Time to go eat breakfast.


Oh, but before I go, Kitty has a pretty funny post today. You might want to check it out.






11 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm glad to hear that you and Mr. Microsoft are bonding ;)
I know you were concerned about that.
the photos are treasures, thanks for sharing. I especially love the one of Isaac reaching up to hug you.

Ralph said...

That Hooters calendar cracked me up. It really gave me a good laugh this morning.
Great pictures.
Ralph

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. The Hooters calendar is wonderful. Once you get used to the Microsoft idiosyncrasies, I think you'll enjoy it. Sometimes I miss using my film camera, but it was getting very expensive, so I had to switch to digital out of necessity. I do like the quality of the pictures I get with digital, but as old fashioned as it might be now, I also miss running to the store to pick up my 4x6 images from the developer. Your pictures are beautiful. I enjoyed seeing all of the pictures. It would be difficult to choose a favorite.

kenju said...

Love the hooters, Bobbie, and seeing all your photos is great.

KG said...

Hooray for hooters!

Shelly said...

I'm so envious of that computer helper you have, I need to find someone like that.
The photos of that darling grandson are so precious...oh my, the fishing shot is beyond cute.

Casdok said...

I enjoyed your rambling and the photos!

Minnesotablue said...

Well I am light years behind you. I still haven't even tried to post pictures yet.The calendar is a "hoot!:

Unknown said...

Those pictures of you and Isaac are wonderful! As are the nature pics. Loved this!

Gazal said...

lovely post....
and really cute pictures

Cliff said...

Cute family and a good visit. Thanks for the pics and you got me on the Hooters Calendar. I knew it would be a hoax but the male in me made me open it anyway.