Sunday, September 21, 2008

Meme




Officially, I'm still on my vacation from politics. But I think maybe this is the way we all should go. What do you think?


.................................................


The other day, Clara, of Clara's Corner, tagged me for a meme. I've been shying away from that sort of thing. But this seems like a fun little thing, so here goes.

1. Where were you ten years ago?
I was right here in South Jersey, and I was still working for the Township, but thinking of retirement and/or finding a new job. (I opted for retirement.)

2. What is on your to-do list for today?
My daughter, Rita will be here most of the day, after she cmes from church. We'll read the Sunday paper and talk, etc. It's a take it easy day.

3. What would you do if you became a billionaire?
I'd certainly want to give each of my kids a nice gift. I'd probably move to the Monterey area, or at least find myself a second home there. And I would look into what I might do to help our environment and the energy crisis.

4. What places have you lived?
I was born in Pennsylvania, and lived in a series of four homes there. Then I moved to Long Island, NY, first in Rockville Centre, then Oceanside, then in Massapequa Park. After that came southern New Jersey, and three different homes here. Hmmm - ten different homes. I feel like a gypsy.

5. What are your bad habits?
Procrastination is probably the worst. I get exasperated with my kids when they put off things I feel should be done NOW, but they come by it naturally. I do it all the time. I spend too much time on the computer. And I probably have many more. Ask my kids.

6. What snacks do you like?
Chocolate has to top the list. A plain Hershey bar - sometimes sandwiched between Saltine crackers. I do love chocolate cake or cookies. And I love pretzels or salty crackers. But I love snacking on fruit, too. An apple a day.

That's it! That's my list, Clara. I'm supposed to pass it on to three people, but I don't do that any more. If you feel like it, have fun thinking, and maybe writing down, your answers to these questions.

11 comments:

Judy said...

I got tagged for this one, too. It was good hearing more about you. We have chocolate in common. I could eat it constantly and love sweets. Thanks for letting us know more about you. You are such a good writer and I love your posts about yourself.

i beati said...

I shall go pogo definitely .. yes oh yes I'll try this meme too..sandy

Sylvia K said...

Hmmm, we sound more alike every day! My politics vacation ended today, but I may have to take another break before my blood pressure goes through the roof. Have a beautiful Sunday, Bobbi!

kenju said...

I think I'll go Pogo, too! He's probably a better choice than anyone.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hello! No argument from me on the politics issue. But you already new that.

I loved the answers to your meme and I think that I may even do this one. It does seem like fun.

Linda Murphy said...

I am definitely a procrastinator too.

Yum on the chocolate!


I enjoyed reading more about you and I agree with the poster above-you are a terrific writer!

Crayons said...

Hi Bobbie,
It was fun to get to know you a bit more by reading this.

I like -- well "like" --- your new sidebar showing the running numbers of the illegal occupation of Iraq. I mean, it's horrible, but it's great to keep it there up front.

Anonymous said...

This was fun; I enjoyed reading your answers. And yes,taking a break from the unrelenting political whack-a-mole game is a good idea.

Amila Salgado said...

I live in a procrasti+nation where it is a way of life!

Alida Thorpe said...

I was hoping you'd write about politics again. You are so good at political commentary!
Alida (Long Island Woman)

ratmammy said...

i just saw this Meme and i'm actually sending it out via email. may post it on one of my blogs. :)