Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Counter


I have received a comment on my post, Where Did It Go? which was published quite a while ago, July 12th to be exact. It also applies to the one from September 1st.

I really appreciate this person taking the time and trouble to send this, and I'm going to print it here:

"
Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Where Did It Go?":

I made the counter... I also downsized the site now to handle the traffic -- so the only thing running on there now is the counter + hosting. That should take care of the downtime for a while to come. Sorry I let it go down a few times, it gets ~1 million views across the web every month"


Thank you so much Anonymous. Thank you for putting the counter up there to begin with. I think it's really important for us to stay aware of the sacrifices made for us. I also watch iCasualties, which lists even the names, ages, and other facts about the men and women these numbers represent.

You are doing us a much needed service. Thanks.


2 comments:

Judy said...

First thing this morning, I checked for another installment of your work history. I loved the part where your mother says don't take the t.v.! A photo booth sounds like a great fun place to work. I hope you tell more stories like these because I just love reading them.

Sylvia K said...

I loved your story! It is fun looking back isn't it? Sure beats just looking at what we have to look at today -- well, not in our personal lives perhaps, with our country. I know I've grown old and continue to grow old, but in most ways I feel no different than I did thirty years ago and that's the good thing! Thanks again!