Sunday, December 6, 2009

Straight No Chaser

I hope that a lot of you got to watch and listen to Straight No Chaser on PBS last Wednesday night. (or yesterday afternoon on another PBS channel. - I'm lucky enough to get three of them on Dish Network.) This ten man a capella group is just plain fun. I hadn't heard them before.

For those who don't know them, their group formed when they were in college more than ten years ago, and after they got together again years later - well, the rest is history.

The last section of their concert on PBS was devoted to Christmas songs. I have to admit, I get pretty sick of carols on radio and TV in December. Like so much these days, they are just over-done. But these guys are different. They did the Carol of the Bells so beautifully! But the clincher was their final song - Twelve Days of Christmas, in their own version. Funny!

I went to YouTube this morning, and found several versions they have done of this song over the years. I liked this one.

6 comments:

Kay said...

Oh Wow! Thanks for sharing this Bobbie. I LOVED it! They are really an original act.

kenju said...

I am so sorry I missed them last night. I really love this group!

Linda Murphy said...

It is funny that you mentioned them today--I just set them up on my iPod playlist this afternoon. Wonderful music.

Anonymous said...

I loved the video and they are from my neighbor state of Indiana! These guys are good. I am going to check them out some more. Thanks, Bobbie.

Kathie Brown said...

bobbie, yes, this was different and this was fun! I love good accappela singers!

Rambling Woods said...

Oh this is wonderful Bobbie...