Monday, February 25, 2008

Snowman



And now that I've shown you Spring, this is just for Laura, of
Somewhere in NJ. Have to show her that she is not alone in her
childish exhuberance - or whatever it is that makes us return to
the wonderful fun of acting like a kid, no matter how old we are.

I thought I'd built this snowman a year or two ago. I guess I'm really
in my second childhood. It was back in 2002. That's OK. I was all of
70 years old then anyway. And there I was, all by myself, out on the
back deck, building my snowman. I made him look into the back door so I could look out an enjoy him more.

Laura built a wonderful snowman this year.
Go for it, Laura, any time you feel like it!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bobbie - What a rotund little fellow! You make me wish I had made one, but that last snow was too light.

Thanks for your visits and kind words about the poetry and bougainvillea...

Deb

Michelle O'Neil said...

That's quite a snowman. Nice and round. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Nice to meet you!

kenju said...

That's the best snowman I've seen in years! I like his round belly!

Dianne said...

I like that he was built to look in and smile at you.

I tried building one this past snow but the snow was heavy and wet so he was just a drag ;)

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

He's a great looking snowman!

KG said...

Good for you! He's very clever looking.

Anonymous said...

Wow! He's a fine fellow, indeed!

Shady Gardener said...

Very, very cute! I think perhaps I've been either re-living my childhood, or I may be wishing there were still some children in this house! ;-) I've made a couple of snowmen lately, too. They're quickly disappearing, though. We've had a lot of rain, lately. And today's afternoon temperature was pretty "balmy!" ha.

nina at Nature Remains. said...

It is important that we play at any age!
No apologies ever needed for acting as a child--they know many things we have forgotten.