Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thank You One and All

I really have to pause at this point to thank everyone who reads this blog. I cannot believe that so many nice people actually take the time to read what I have to say.

The first time that I did a post, and THERE WERE COMMENTS ! I could not believe it. And they were all such nice comments.


It took a long time for me to get into blogging at all. Just didn't think it was for me. Now that I have started, it has become a rather humbling experience. When I read what some of you are writing,
I seriously wonder why my words are worth reading. I don't pretend to be an author, in any sense of the word. I just enjoy putting down on paper (or on the monitor) whatever comes into my head. And I like to add pictures, just for fun. But the photographs I see in your blogs! Some of you people have such talent! I often excuse my photos because I only have an inexpensive little digital, and I envy those of you with some of the equipment I know you have. But it takes more than fine equipment to produce a fine photograph, and so many of you are truly artists.

In the short time I've been doing this, I seem to have acquired a new group of friends. They feel like friends, even though we've never met. What's more, a group of acquaintances keeps growing and growing. I now have a problem because the list of blogs I like to check out as often as possible has grown way too long. The list on my sidebar is only part of it, and I am tempted to move all of them up to be Favorites. My "Bookmarks" list is rediculously long. In just the past few days I have found Nature Remains, Sandpiper, Grouse and Chortle, and Law School Sucks. The first two are beautiful. The other two are really amusing. And these are only a few. I spend most of my time at home alone. I spend a whole lot of time on the computer. Thank you all so much for filling that time with pleasure as well as challenging me to look in other directions.

Keep writing. And keep those cameras pointing at our beautiful world.

16 comments:

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hello! I don't understand why you think that your blog is not interesting. I have known you for almost 14 years and have found out, learned and understood more about you through your blog then in just talking.
Now about your pictures. Folks, don't let her kid you. Her pictures are beautiful, lovey, interesting, etc.
I have to laugh when you say how much time you spend on the computer. I worked with Bobbie (Barb)for many years. She didn't want anything to do with the computer. Now she has to explain and tell me how to do stuff. ie - how to add links to my blog, what a URL is, and many, many more.
I also have to laugh about blogging. I mean the number of entries. She would alway's talk about her daughter's blog and I would tell her she should start one of her own. She would alway answer no. Now look at her.
Even though I don't leave a lot comments on your entries, I visit your blog almost everyday and enjoy reading your entries very much. I have found a lot of interesting blogs through Barb and I also visit you often, but as with Barb's, I don't leave comments. But I want all of you to know too that I enjoy reading you as well.
Well as the title of my blog "Rambling", I have done that here, so I'm going to go now. Enjoy your day and keep up the good blogging. Lisa

bobbie said...

Them's kind words. Thank you, Lisa. I do love you - and enjoy your blog too.

kenju said...

I share your experiences with blogging, Bobbie, and I think all of us do, at least eventually. I speak of most of the bloggers I read everyday as if I know them well (which drives my family up a wall, since they don't really understand the depth of feeling we come to while writing and reading other's blogs).

My blogroll is unwieldy and I have at least 20 more in my favorites. I feel badly if I don't get around to all of them everyday, but I am sure most don't mind and understand when I don't. I am so afraid I'll miss something wonderful.....LOL

Dianne said...

I can't remember how we found each other but I am so glad we did! that's actually my biggest thing - I click and follow coments and sidebar lists and don't always remember how I got where I am LOL

But I am so glad I got here.

Your writing is interesting and inspiring, amusing and thought provoking.

Your photos are lovely - just plain lovely.

and your comments on my blog are always kind and funny - I look forward to seeing that little photo of the lovely lady in the big hat pop up.

Keep on keeping on!

Cliff said...

You said: I just enjoy putting down on paper (or on the monitor) whatever comes into my head.
That my dear is the point. You are right on.
I blog because I wish I could read a book or diary written by my Great great great granfather about his life and children. Now I can do that for my offspring. Publishing a book from a blog is fairly easy even if you only want one copy.
I am truly in awe of how well you get to know someone by the way they write. The bloggers I have met are exactly as I thought they would be. I can tell within a sentence or two if someone is feeling low or if they're in a good mood. Keep on keepin on. I'm with you, not enough time to read everyone who you would like.

Mahala said...

Hi Bobbie! I posted the answers to your meme. Sorry it's so late, I've been running 'round like a crazy person the past week. I love your blog :)

KG said...

Thanks for stopping in at my blog (and calling it funny!) I really apprecaite it.

Don't apologize for your blog not being as good as other peoples' . . . flaunt your blog! People read it . . . and even if nobody were to read it, it would still be worth writing because that's what blogging is all about! Feel free to stop back in . . . I'm bookmarking your blog as well.

Minnesotablue said...

I love your blogging pages. You are so sincere in your writings and you do a great job. It's not necessarily how you write (You do a great job with that) but what you write that is important. I remember when I talked to mt grandaughter about starting a blog and I told her I was't the greatest at expressing my self and she told me it was always the content that is important. By the way, my grandaughters web page is: Magnetbabe.blogspot.com. I mention this because I frequently reference her.

Anonymous said...

Bobbie - Nothing left to say, except that I echo all the above sentiments... I look forward to many more visits to 'Almost There!' It's wonderful - don't change a thing, including the photos.

Glad you stopped by my graduation party, earlier today. (Happy you like 'Grouse and Chortle.')

bobbie said...

Thank you all so much. I'm not apologizing, honest. And I certainly am not going to stop writing - I enjoy it too much. I'm just azazed that you read it, and am a bit in awe of what so many of you do. But - thanks!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

I'm new to your pages, Bobbie, but your blog is one of my favorites already!! I think your photos and writing are wonderful. I'm really enjoying your pages.

Thank you for the kind words about my blog. That's so nice of you.

Kitty said...

azazed?
dude.

only you can say what you have to say. Azaze that, baby.

Shelly said...

I love stopping by to see what you have to say Bobbie. Your nature walks, poetry, photos...all of it. What comes through the strongest for me in your writing, is that you are a kind and gentle spirit who cares deeply for our planet and those who inhabit it.

LauraHinNJ said...

I'm glad to read that you're enjoying this little experiment! I find it to be great fun and spend waaaay to much time at it.

nora leona said...

ditto! you are a natural!

nora leona said...

ditto! you are a natural!