Thursday, August 27, 2009

Think Green Thursday



Time again for Think Green Thursday, thanks to Michelle.

I am wimping out this week. I was sick for several days, and still have not bounced back as I had hoped, so I guess I'm using that as my excuse. Instead of finding a single topic to concentrate on, I am going to refer you to a site that I have used a few times as an excellent source for environmental information.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium's blog, Sea Notes, is not only such a source, it is also extremely entertaining, offering stories about many creatures such as sea turtles, otters, sea horses, sharks, dolphins, jellies - whatever you might imagine. It also describes the marvelous ways that the aquarium makes these creatures feel at home within displays for the public, and the staff's research activities.

I believe that by adding Sea Notes to your own reading list might give you a great deal of pleasure. If you choose to look it over, I would suggest, in the spirit of Think Green, that you check out the August 21st entry "Pick Your Poison", the August 22nd "The Hand of Man", and August 24th "Fishing for (Climate) Change. In between, and in earlier posts, you will find pure enjoyment.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Bobbie, I am sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. Hope you will be all better soon. I checked out Sea Notes and enjoyed reading about the great white shark. I made a visit to Villas Girl, also, and enjoyed her wonderful photos. You were right they were so worth viewing.

Daryl said...

Feel better soon ... xo

Deborah Godin said...

Yes, hope you're soon back up to snuf! And I LOVE the Monteray Bay Aquarium. I've never been there, but have seen a documentary about it, and it looks like a terrific place to visit. Thanks for the info.

Rambling Woods said...

I know you haven't been feeling well. Think Green has so few participants that I don't know how interested people are in the environment. Or it is too depressing to blog about....Michelle