Monday, November 2, 2009

Another Flower Question





I will go looking myself, I promise. But it just occurred to me that I do not know the name of the small, lavender flowers in this photo from my garden. Anyone?

Wax flower has been suggested. Sage, and even larkspur. But the stems are not square. And the stems are purple. Everything I've found have green stems
............................................................................

Nov. 4th - Thanks to DeVona - I believe this is correct. It is oregano!
There are many types of oregano, and I found photos of the plant with purple stems and flowers that look like mine. I am going to gather some and dry it. Thanks very much!
.

9 comments:

Crayons said...

No I don't, but they are beautiful.

By the way, this week I typed out the words of the poem on your banner. I've enjoyed it so many times. Now it's up on my bulliten board of beautiful things.

Rambling Woods said...

small lavender flowers....LOL.. I don't know what they are but I love the pink and orangy ones Bobbie.. Michelle

Kitty said...

are they a sage? is the stem square?

Kay said...

Oh gosh... I have no idea. I do recognize the mums though.

kenju said...

Bobbie, I have no idea what that is, but the photo is gorgeous.

Just so you'll know, I am having a very hard time getting your comments box open. It takes a very long time to load it, and I think it is because of all the photos on your blog. I know you can't help it, but if you don't see as many comments from me, that is why.

Daryl said...

They sort of look like wax flowers

Lisa (Mountain Photog) said...

I can't help with identification but that is a beautiful shot!

DeVona said...

It wouldn't be a type of oregano would it? Have you rubbed a tiny bit of the leaves between your fingers and smelled them? Looks like a type of herb and you may be able to ID it by smell.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I have no idea what type of flower this is. It's beautiful, though. Love the colors.
Paz