Thursday, November 19, 2009

Buy Nothing Day


I really like this idea! I know that there are many out there who will think I'm crazy, but I really like this idea! We have become such a blindly unthinking mass of consumers. We MUST HAVE so many THINGS!

Go visit Two Miles High. It's the Think(ing) Green Thursday post. There, Lisa will tell you all about it. Give it some serious thought. Please. Participate by not participating. Not just by not buying, but think about the other ideas she presents.

8 comments:

Kay said...

Oh phew! I bought my boots yesterday. I won't buy anything today except movie tickets.

Anonymous said...

Well, yes, we can and did make do on a lot less than we have now. I think WWII made reality for us as we ate what we grew and nothing else. And no TV, radio, phones and things like automobiles.

Lisa (Mountain Photog) said...

Thanks for spreading the word, Bobbie! :)

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I do like that idea! Thanks for the info, Bobbie! I'll trot over to her blog now.

Sylvia

Daryl said...

Personally I never shopped on Black Friday .. and I doubt I ever will.

dianasfaria.com said...

I'm good at this, I rarely go shopping, except for food! oh, & gas!
I think it's a great idea.

Unknown said...

I don't do Black Friday either. And our gifts to each other for the holidays are just tokens. The commercial aspect of the holiday is real turn-off for me.

It IS a good idea. Thanks.

storyteller at Small Reflections said...

Wonderful idea! I've pretty much been buying nothing other than food and consumables for the last few years because I have WAY too much 'stuph' as is. I hear stores are open TODAY on Thanksgiving Day and am appalled. I definitely won't be shopping today, tomorrow, or anytime soon.
Hugs and blessings,