Sunday, November 1, 2009

T-Rex

Before we let go of Halloween and put it away until next year, I must show you my grandson's costume. He is crazy for dinosaurs, and was determined to be T-Rex for Halloween. They bought the head, but made the rest themselves. He didn't go trick or treating, but went to two parties - one on Friday, and one on Saturday. His mom posted pictures on Flickr last night.




Here he is, roaring loudly and ferociously.











The clown made him a balloon snake.














I think one of the best features of the costume was the feet.






Meanwhile, back on the east coast, we don't get too many trick or treaters on our street. I had six tiny ones who arrived before dark. They were absolutely adorable. A bit later, I had two more, but they were big, high school agers, who neither spoke nor smiled - just held out their bags for candy. That's no fun at all. But the cute little ones made up for it.

12 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

That's gets my vote for Best Costume Ever!!

Daryl said...

Duct Tape is awesome stuff .. and that's a pretty fabulous costume!

Kay said...

Really, really adorable costume and very imaginative. We got only 18 trick or treaters last night. I've got two big bags of candies left over.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hello! What a fun costume. I love the duct tape feet. Lisa

Patti said...

We had about 100 kids here last night, down from most years.


Your grandson looks like he was having a fun Halloween! That's what it's all about.

Unknown said...

I love the costume! It's so nice to see parents making their child's costume a reality with creativity and a little work on their behalf. Excellent!

I'm glad you got to see some cuties. We had no one, as usual. There are no children in the immediate neighborhood, only seniors. And the later don't trick or treat! :-)

All the love,
Gina

kenju said...

I'm with Deborah! That's very creative!

dianasfaria.com said...

I love duct tape! so many good things you can do with it-what a great costume!
Thank you for sharing this Bobbie.

Rambling Woods said...

Awwww..what a great costume.. Love it...

blah said...

seriously, this is the best costume ever. ever.

Lisa (Mountain Photog) said...

That is a great costume! Very creative! I love Halloween. :)

Kathie Brown said...

Absolutley adorable! Love the costume and the feet! My mom was an elemetary school teacher and she loves dinosaurs and kids. She would have loved to see this little guy. She lives in Connecticut right in the center of town and she says she only got 3 little kids also. I'm glad you got some to make you smile!