Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More Birds? Can I Handle This?


OK. I think it's getting out of hand. But how can I resist?


I have now found live cams for 1.) a hummingbird nest; and 2.) a robin's nest.


It's entirely possible that I may not leave the house and may not do any housework or take any calls until summer. This could get ridiculous!


Of course I tried a picture or two off the screen. They are NOT good. Probably in the morning, when the light on them may be better. I don't even know where they are located. The robin seems to be on someone's porch or entryway. The hummer is in a tree. Both very politely allowed me to photograph their eggs. The robin has three, the hummer two. They fly away and return frequently.

I've tried lightening and/or darkening the photos, but it's really useless at this point. I won't post any more unless the lighting gets a lot better.


All I can say is, it's a good thing I'm retired. I really do not have a whole lot to occupy my time that is of any huge importance to anyone but myself. And I could just look at these little guys forever.


Even I will have to tear myself away from the computer and occasionally do something else, I'm sure. But for now, let me go a little crazy. I'll try not to bore you guys with them too often, but I may not get around to making too many comments for a while.

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I think it's wonderful that you're able to see/watch them! It is great to have the time to be able to do the fun things we love, isn't it! Enjoy, Bobbie!

Dawn Fine said...

Tee hee..have fun watching the birdies hatch and grow..It is so amazing the technology now...great stuff.

Hey Harriet said...

You go as crazy as you want! Bird watching is a great hobby and I'll never find pics of them boring! Keep on enjoying their funny little antics. And keep on sharing them :)

Christine Gram said...

In the house were I grew up we had a small octagon window next to the front door that robins likes to build their nest in every year. It was so cool because we had a close up view and the birds didn't mind our faces pressed up against the other side of the glass.

KG said...

I'd be so excited if I had a nest on my house. I'm jealous! And I can't wait to see some more photos.

Daryl said...

A nice way to stay entertained indoors while its raining ...