Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another silly one


Just in a silly mood.

I stole these from Car Talk Plaza, which I get by email:

Here's this week's Lame Joke of the Week-- two classics, actually-- courtesy of John Gregg:

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....so, I took her to a gas station.....and then the fight started....

******
My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone at a nearby table.

My wife asked, 'Do you know her?' 'Yes,' I sighed, 'She's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she hasn't been sober since.'

'My God!' says my wife, 'Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?'

And then the fight started.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would someone please tell Mr. McCain that there is no longer a country called
Chechoslavakia. (Surely that's not the way to spell it.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more chicken joke - or two:






















For my librarian friends:


















---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes. And the car failed inspection because the passenger side mirror is not at the right angle. It broke off - twice - and my son stuck it back on, but I can't change the angle, which does not matter in the least because I have never in my life looked into that mirror. And it passed last time, when it was exactly as it is now. Oh well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

173 more days


8 comments:

Wendy said...

Loved your "silly jokes". Summer is really a time to let loose! Enjoy!

Linda Murphy said...

Well, this all gave me a good laugh! Thank you!

Car Talk is one of my favorite talk shows.

Also,thank you for my birthday wishes-very much appreciated!

kenju said...

LOL.....Bobbie, take your car to another testing station. They may pass it, just as it was last time.

Lisa said...

Good day for jokes Bobbie. Thanks for the funnies.

I agree with kenju... try somewhere else.

Kelly said...

I loved your "funny jokes". There were some really funny ones and gave me a good, hard laugh!

I agree with everyone else, take your car somewhere else, or else take it back to the place that passed it last year and remind them that they passed your car a year ago! See what they say then...

bobbie said...

Thanks for the suggestion re the car, but my son takes it to the DMV, and has to make an appointment, which has to be a time when he's not working, etc. Not as easy as it sounds. No biggy. He'll get a mirror and get it on at the right angle somehow. Just annoying to have to go back.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

These are great, especially the one about the class reunion. Loved it.

Maintenance of anything, cars, boats, houses, yard, Self, make my head ache like there's no tomorrow. I feel your pain.

Judy said...

I loved the jokes especially the chicken cartoons. Years ago, I had an old station wagon and the right mirror fell off. I used it for a makeup mirror for years. It was a great mirror. I used to drive my kids crazy with that thing! They hated the car, too. Were at the age where they were embarrassed by the car.