Monday, July 14, 2008

My Girls


My New York daughter called me yesterday. She asked me if I was still hearing voices in the attic. Yes, I am. We decided it must be the dish on the roof picking up someone's radio. We got a little silly about it, and she suggested that I start my own radio station, using the dish. She says the station's call letters could be WBLOG.



California daughter put up pictures on Flickr. This one was taken during Monterey's July 4th celebration. Pretty cool, huh?



New Jersey daughter celebrated her birthday Sunday.
We don't get the whole family together very often any more. Her brother and sister-in-law took her to a birthday breakfast on the way home from church. Then she and I had our ice cream cones later.




The weather changed enough that I drove up to the Point on Saturday night. The Villas Girl (who is sort of my other daughter) goes almost every evening, walks the beach, watches dolphins leaping, and chats with whoever is there. I didn't do all that, but watched the birds and bunnies and the kites flying over the water. Got a few nice pictures of the sun going down.

Of course I had to run home before it went all the way down.

I turn into a pumpkin if I try to drive after dark.


6 comments:

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hello! I don't think it is the dish on the roof causing you to hear voices. (She was just being nice to her mother.)

I'm sure Rita had a wonderful birthday. First with breakfast and then ice cream cone. I think there are a few candles missing. Don't tell her I said that.

That was a beautiful sunet on Saturday. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures, Bobbie. Maybe the voices are Bush and his friends trying to mess with your head? ;)

By the way, I won't be leaving any comments for a little while as I'll be in hospital from tomorrow. Back soon.

Peace,
SB

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

"Ooo-eee-ooo" at the voices. ;-) I hope you figure out what it is. Have you had anybody else come by to listen to them?

It sounds like you had a good weekend. I have trouble driving after dark, so I rush home, too.

bobbie said...

Bear: If you get back here to read this before you go into hospital, please know that I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

Amila Salgado said...

That pic with Obama looks real.
Hope the noises you keep hearing are friendly ones.

Unknown said...

Great photos, Bobbie. Your daughters are lovely. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Love,
Gina