Monday, July 21, 2008

Protesting Ignorance


You may be as happy as I am to learn from Linda's latest post on these are the days, it was reported on CBS-TV yesterday that Autism Groups are planning a big protest in front of WOR-Radio in New York today, Monday, against the broadcast by Michael Savage.


Let's hope that the radio station takes appropriate action.


Freedom of speech is one thing. A tirade characterizing sick children as nothing but misbehaving brats or frauds whose families are using them to obtain extra welfare payments, is quite another.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

This is wonderful! It just takes a few to start a grass-roots public outcry to get thing done! This is something that needs to be done! I went to her website and pulled up the stations that carried that "jerk" and told her I would contact the stations here, and do anything else she needed!

Thanks Bobbie, for bringing this information to our attention as well as her blog, so we can find out what (*****) is being said "out-there!"

Way to Go!!

Kelly

Anil P said...

With freedom of speech comes responsibility for the speech.

What was said about the children is unacceptable.

Unknown said...

So true! Keep up the good work! It has been a crazy weekend. But I am back. Have a great day!

Cliff said...

Great writing about your childhood and Father. Thanks for sharing.

Dianne said...

I saw extended coverage of the protests on the news.

they also said that some of the parents and group leaders were appearing on the show last night

bobbie said...

I wish we had coverage. I haven't seen a thing. I really want to know if the station is taking any action.
Of course, NJ stations don't carry his show, so I guess they don't think we care down here. All we get is news about Larry Mente (or however you spell his name)

bobbie said...

OK. As soon as I typed that, I saw coverage on ABC and CBS. I really have to start watching TV news more.