Sunday, July 6, 2008

Click and Clack


Do you enjoy Car Talk on NPR as much as I do?


Tom and Ray Magliozzi (Click and Clack), for those of
you who aren't familiar with the show, are just hilarious as they take calls from people all over the country who have auto-related questions. They also manage along the way to give out some pretty good advice. It's on Saturdays and Sundays, around two I think. I don't get to hear it as often as I'd like. They were also the voices in the animated movie, Cars.


Anyway - my whole point is that this Wednesday, July 9th, a new series is starting.
It is also animated, and is called As the Wrench Turns. It's on PBS - WHYY at 8:pm. I guess, if you do listen to them, you probably know this already, so it's just a reminder on my part. I know I'm going to watch. Hope it's as good as their radio program. If it
isn't, Ill be surprised, and really disappointed.


You can go to cartalk.com and listen to the show if you want to.

----------------------

So, what other news of great import may I impart to you today? Let's see.

Lisa told me about a web site that I like. It's called Snap Shot Cape May. And guess what it's about. Oh - you guessed. It has great pictures of all kinds of places and events in and around Cape May. Kind of fun.

----------------------

Ever go driving down Route 9, and suddenly see a very large cow standing by the side of the road? Never fear. It's just Cheesecake World.


Don't mind me. I'm in a silly mood today.


You know, I should start getting paid for all these plugs.
But that would take all the fun out of it.

----------------
-------












One of my favorites.






---------------------------

OK. This is getting seriously silly. And I am in danger of losing any readers I have attracted up to now. I'm even beginning to frighten myself. Better close before I go right off the edge. Maybe a nap would do it. That's it! I'll take a nap.



13 comments:

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hello! Well I don't listen to car talk, but I'll give it a try and tune into the show.

Snap Shot Cape May, aka Russ Norcross, is a very interesting man. I met him at the airshow and he gave me his card. This is a great website and I recommend everyone visit.

The cartoon is great. I am still laughing.

You could have kept being silly. I don't think anyone would mind. I know I didn't. Lisa

KG said...

I LOVE Car Talk! And NPR in general. Click and Clack are the best!!!

kenju said...

I love Car Talk, too, even though I don't know anything about cars. They make me laugh. In fact, if you can listen to them and not laugh - you must be dead.

Amila Salgado said...

Sounds like Click and Clack is good stuff. I like things that makes me laugh.

Judy said...

Hi Bobbie, There is nothing wrong with feeling silly. It just makes our lives more interesting. I can tell how young at heart you are! I love the chicken joke. I will check out the show on PBS. Have a good week.

Dianne said...

Silly is good!

Love the cartoon.

Unknown said...

That was a great post. I love Click and Clank. The credits at the end are halrious! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have had a crazy weekend. I really apreciate you support and readership of my place.

Shelly said...

I laughed out loud at the chicken cartoon, in fact....laughed so loud I woke puppy up from her nap next to me on the couch.
Thanks for the chuckle.

Bear Naked said...

That Savage Chickens cartoon is a hoot.
Thanks

Bear

Daryl said...

Lots of fun stuff ... I am guessing you live in Cape May? I have over the last few years spent a glorious weekend in Cape May in mid-September .. a friend's family owns a house on Madison just a short walk from the beach ... IF we go back this September we must get together!

:-Daryl

pink dogwood said...

great post - you should be in silly mood more often :)

bobbie said...

Glad you all enjoyed my nonsense.

Daryl, if you make it down here, send me an email.
i live near, not in CM.

me ann my camera said...

Cows, cheesecake, wrenches, chickens all add to the interest of an eclectic post :-)