Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day


It's the 4th! Have fun! Be safe doing it, please.

And at some point during your day, Maybe try to pause and think of the 4113 men and women from our country who have died in Iraq - so far - and think of their loved ones at home and how they will be celebrating.

Think of the coming Presidential election. Will you blindly vote the party line this time? Or will you give real thought to what has been going on in our country?

It's OUR COUNTRY! It doesn't belong to politicians. It belongs to US. And it will belong to our children and their children.

I was listening to Mr. McCain's political ad on TV the other day. They spoke of gas prices - a sore subject for us all today. What was Mr. McCain's answer? He has new catch words: "Energy Security". And he's talking about "Domestic Drilling". That scares the hell out of me!

Never mind. I'm not going to go on a further rant about politics. I'm really not articulate enough to get my point across anyway. I let my emotions get in the way too often.

Please, do yourselves a favor. Click on a link here. Go over to Dianne's blog, and read what she has to say about time she spent with friends at the V.A. She writes so well, and you might be interested in what she has to say, as well as some of the Vets. It will only take a few minutes. Then you can go back to the bar-b-q.


9 comments:

Crayons said...

Hi Bobbie,
I like the way you pull several issues together here. Thanks for giving us something to ponder on this day of major mattress sales.

Shelly said...

Hey...not so fast! :)
I respect and value your political opinions.

bobbie said...

I respect and value yours, too, Shelly.
Just have to sound off now and then.

Daryl said...

Ah Bobbie .. your blog title says it all .. Almost There .. we're almost rid of the Cheerleader Frat boy who stole the election in 2000 ... and got us into this morass he doesnt 'see' as a depression ... feh on him and his 'pal' McBush as well ..

Happy Fourth .. lets hope next year it will be celebrated by those who are over there fighting a civil war we never should have helped start

:-Daryl

Bear Naked said...

Happy 4th of July.
Enjoy

Lisa said...

oh bobbie, i wish you knew how well of a job you do at pulling things together and getting a point across.

it's your blog. say what you want. don't apologize.

some of us are very blessed with having you around and hearing what you have to say.

Judy said...

Hello, I often think of the men who have died in Iraq and their families and children and how they have sacrificed. I read your friend's post. I, too, am glad we are almost there. Hope you enjoyed the 4th.

bobbie said...

Thank you all for commenting.
I am not apologizing - honest. I just get frustrated with myself sometimes when I can't find the right words. I guess part of it is having "senior moments".But I think all of us do have such moments, and this time, I was so impressed with Dianne's post that I had to share it.

Unknown said...

Bobbie,
Sorry to be late to the thread. I can fully understand your feelings about writing on politics. I share your frustration all too often myself. The thing is, though, that if we consider that we're usually among the friends that are our readers, they will care what we have to say. I always care about what's on your mind. I think you are very articulate as well. Please cut loose whenever you feel the need to have a good rant. We'll be here. :-)