Wednesday, April 16, 2008

CHILDREN'S POETRY


Still thinking of Poetry Month



Poem in Your Pocket is coming up on April 17th. That's tomorrow!


Here's one for the young people in your life. I found it on the Poem in Your Pocket site.




THE EAGLE

She rides the sky like she owns the sun,

on a sea of air and light -
surfing, skimming, rising high,
then sweeping low and tight.

She swoops to catch a perfect wave,
her wings held straight and true.
You lift your chin and hold your breath
and wish you could do it too.


TODAY AT THE BLUEBIRD CAFE: A BRANCHFUL OF BIRDS By Deborah Ruddell Text
copyright @ 2007 Used with permission of Margaret K. McElderry, an imprint of Simon &^ Schuster Children's Publishing



3 comments:

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

I was at the beach this weekend. I didn't see eagles, but I was watching gulls soar and dip down into the water. This poem takes me right back there.

me ann my camera said...

Listening to or reading poetry is a wonderful for childen to learn how to dream... like the eagle soars, so can their imaginations.

Kathie Brown said...

Wow! Great Poem!