Thursday, April 3, 2008

FAMILY VISIT

I do like family visits! But I cannot believe how much catching-up there is to do afterwards. Blogs are only part of it. Oh, well.
It's worth it.


I'm told that when their flight arrived, they were sitting in the back of the plane, so had to w
ait for everyone in front to move out. Isaac's complaint was, "Grandmom is waiting for us!"



He brought me a present. He made a painting for me, which is now hanging on my bedroom wall along with another drawing he did of "some kind of animal". On another wall is a drawing that his mother did when she was in kindergarten, of her family. I consider it a true work of art, and wouldn't part with it
for any amount of money.



One of the first things we did together was take a trip to the Wetlands Institute. They have a pretty neat Please Touch Museum and all kinds of activities for the kids. Here I am with Isaac, looking at the turtles - finally! When we first went into the building, the three of them went up into the little tower to look over the wetlands. When they came down I asked him what he had seen.
The reply was, "No turtles!"


When we'd seen all we could of turtles, and were all dying of the heat in that humid room, we went on, following the bird tracks painted on the boardwalk to the aquarium and activity room. Wide screen TV's played continually with really gorgeous videos of sea life. The room was filled
with child-oriented displays, games, puzzles and anything else you can think of concerning fish and birds. He did go fishing, and matched his wooden fish to those on the wall. There was even a short ladder leading up through the center of an osprey's nest. He made a pretty good looking egg.



But the main attraction had to be the octopus.




The others took a walk along the nature trail to cool off. I sat that one out, and watched them setting up the camera that will follow life in an osprey's nest out in the wetlands, so that it can be observed indoors in the meeting room.


Rita and Villas Girl joined us in the evening. I really enjoyed myself, despite the fact that my darling daughter insisted on filming Lisa (Villas Girl) and me. She did a whole series of pictures of us, plus video. Pretty darned funny! But they will probably never again see the light of day.


So ended Day One.


10 comments:

KG said...

That sounds like so much fun! And his hair is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Bobbie. Cool family.

Peace,
SB

PS..hope you don't mind me saying but you look a bit like the Queen in one of those pics! I'm not a monarchist..wish you were our Queen.

Unknown said...

Aaaaaaaaw,what a cutie your grandson is! I have a way to go before becoming a grandmother but I'm so looking forward to it!

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Thanks for sharing this.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hello! Yes. Those pictures should never see the light of day. Some are pretty funny though. It was nice to see Mike, Kitty and Isaac again. Isaac got big and more handsome. Let me just tell everyone, he has eyelashes to die for. Talk to you later. Lisa

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

What an absolutely fun, fun, fun posting this is! Your grandson is precious! What a cutie. The artwork is a treasure, too.

me ann my camera said...

What a sweet little guy! Being a grandmother as well I know the absolute joy that goes with watching the discoveries of nature unfold before their eyes. Great that he got to see the turtles.

kenju said...

I can tell you had a wonderful visit and enjoyed your family. We have many such pieces of art works on our walls and you're right - they are priceless!

Dianne said...

Isaac is so beautiful.

I love your art work collection.

I wonder if Kitty could be bribed to post some of those pictures of you and Lisa!? Probably not - she was raised with integrity. Damn!

Minnesotablue said...

Isn't it great spending time with grandchildren. The drawing is so precious.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. Great to see Isaac's interest in nature, as well as his penchant for creating works of art... Deb