Thursday, April 24, 2008

FLOWERING TREE






Who can tell me what kind of tree this is? A few years ago I planted several trees which were then barely twigs. All of a sudden, last year, I realized
some of them were getting pretty big and should be moved. This one was still spindly, but it was flowering, so a little while later, I moved it to the side of the house. It's doing fine, and this year is blooming very nicely, although it is still so small and frail looking, I doubted it would make it. But I don't know what it is. I don't believe it is a cherry.

5 comments:

KG said...

It doesn't look like cherry. Maybe it's a flowering almond?

bobbie said...

Thanks for trying, but I have a flowering almond, and it doesn't look like that.Oh well. It's pretty, so I guess I'll just enjoy it.

kenju said...

I think it's called tulip magnolia, Bobbie.

bobbie said...

What a pretty name. Thank you, Judy.

 gmirage said...

It is a japanese/tulip magnolia =)