Saturday, November 8, 2008

Camera Critters #31




Hello again.

The weekend means it's Camera Critters time again.

I have no new critter pictures, so I'm going back once again to a visit I made some time ago to my daughter in California. W
henever I have visited there, I was sure to meet up with some interesting critters. On this visit, Kitty took me to a wonderful place called Elkhorn Slough. There are all manner of critters to be found there. I am going to show you two very small ones. I am not up on such things, so I can't even tell you the proper names for them. I call this guy Lounging Lizard.



He was just sort of hanging out, sunning himself.

The second little guy was doing the same, but on a cactus. Truthfully, I'm not even sure if I took this picture or my daughter
did.




Pretty cute, huh? If any of you are in north central California, Elkhorn Slough does have a monthly photo contest for wildlife in or around the slough.

I'm really disappointed that I couldn't find one other lizard picture that I took right here in New Jersey, at Leaming's Run Gardens. That lizard was bright blue, and I spotted him in the woodpile near the log cabin. Oh well, maybe another time.


Misty Dawn hosts Camera Critters for us each week. Thank you, Misty.

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are cute, those little lizards. Cute in a reptilian, dinosaurian kind of way that is - lol.

Sylvia K said...

They are cute little buggers aren't they! All bright-eyed and -- well no bushy tail, but colorful and a great photo!

Indrani said...

Love the shot, where the little guy was sunning itself.

i beati said...

tons and tons of these guys in my Fl yard Cats love them as toys sandy

Carletta said...

Lizards are not my cup of tea, but you got a couple of great photos!
I just always cringe at them.

Juliana RW said...

nice shots

My CC post this week in HERE. Hope you have time to visit. Thanks.

ChrissyM said...

Looks like they are enjoying thierselves relaxing in the sun.

Cathy said...

Love the shot of the lizard basking on the cactus!

Dirkjogt said...

Great pictures, lovely lizards, like them

AppleDebbie said...

It's amazing how the lounging lizard blends into the background and the little guy on the cactus seems to be enjoying himself. Nice photos!

Webradio said...

Very cute those lizards...
Nice photos...
Good post !

Michele said...

I have never seen a lizard around here and probably never will out in the cold rocky mountains. So many of the kids though love having them as pets...
Great post.
Have a nice weekend.
~Michele~
Mountain Retreat- Canada

Misty DawnS said...

LOVE it!!! I love lizards, but don't see any around here. These are great pictures!

marLou said...

I like the 2nd picture which was really colorful.

Kelly said...

"Lounging Lizard" name works for me! These are really great shots!! The little guys move so quickly that you did a great job capturing the pictures!

Lapa37 said...

Very nice pictures you have there I like Lizards they are so neat to look at.Thanks for the visit.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Bobbie: That first photo the lizard looks perfectly camouflaged.

gina said...

these are great shots...especially the one where he is sitting on the flowers.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

They are cute little lizards. I wouldn't mind see one. Heck I wouldn't mind holding one. Very nice.

me ann my camera said...

I love the first lizard picture and although it blends so well with the colour of the wood it is on, it retains its distinctive uniqueness. This is a wonderful photo!

Jeanne said...

Great captures. I especially like the one on the cactus.

Lilli & Nevada said...

what a neat shot they are creepy looking

??? said...

Awesome photos. I think these guys are Western Fence Lizards, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sceloporus_occidentalis or some other spiny lizard (Sceloporus)

Jane Hards Photography said...

He's actually quite cute.

Anonymous said...

They know how to enjoy the sun.

Reader Wil said...

Amazing how the first lizard is so difficult to see! it took on the colour of its surroundings.

Gretchen said...

They're cute to look at, but I don't think I'd be able to hold one. I'm not a lizard/bug/snake/spider fan. :)

Unknown said...

I love the lizard among the great color of your shot. Wonderful. I'll have to get WP over here to take a look - he loves reptiles!

Anonymous said...

Love the loungers - nice pics! /Deb

Kay said...

These lizard photos are really neat! I love the camoflage.

storyteller said...

I didn’t participate in Camera Critters this week, but I do recognize this critter as similar to lizards inhabiting the rocky area of my front yard … occasionally finding their way inside my house. It’s a bit disconcerting to lift the cushions on my couch and find the old ‘skin’ shed by one of them or to hear ‘scratching’ in my pantry and discover one trapped inside the box containing my seldom-used, over-sized coffeepot.
Hugs and blessings,