Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shadow Shot Sunday #28



Hello Australia, and the rest of the world. It's Shadow Shot Sunday, hosted by Tracey at Hey Harriet. Please drop by there to view beautiful pictures of shadows.


My friend, Lisa, from Villas Girl Photos took two beautiful photos while she was visiting Historic Cold Spring Village in Lower Township, NJ. I have been begging her to submit them to Shadow Shots, but she is involved with other memes, and does not want to add another to her list. She told me to feel free to include them with my submission, and since I think they are exceptional pictures, that is what I am doing.


Historic Cold Spring Village advertises itself as "an Early American open-air living history museum". It holds many buildings from the South Jersey area which have been moved there, making up a charming village on a 22 acre plot. The Village Print Shop, built in 1790, is the subject of the photos.




In this picture you cannot see the wrought iron sign, which extends out from the building toward the camera. You can just make out the shadow of the sign on the building. The second picture is a close up of the shadow.




Thank you Lisa. Your photos are wonderful. I hope one of these days you will decide to join us at Shadow Shot Sunday.

29 comments:

Daryl said...

Lisa's photos are excellent and you are a good friend ... thanks for sharing them.

:-Daryl

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous photos! Thanks!

Kathie Brown said...

Bobbie, This is a very good shadow shot. I like how the letters show up on the clapboards! (Is this you, by the way? I see you've added some team members to your blog.)

me ann my camera said...

Oh, I see the shadow now! At first I didn't but thought some one perhaps had written on the picture; but I finally got it; its the shadow of the sign. Very neat. I love old historical settings and buildings.

gina said...

these are really cool...i love the lighting and colors of the lil house and the close up of shadowed sign...really good. i need to check this photo challenge out!

Kay said...

Lisa takes such beautiful shots, as you do. That's an interesting meme. Have a marvelous Saturday.

Marla said...

They are great photos! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

What a great and interesting post! I'm glad you added a link for it, so I can read more about it! It looks like a really fun place to go! Also, Beautiful photos!!!

A Wild Thing said...

Yes, they are wonderful shots, what a cool old building, I love the printers sign on the side.

Shelly said...

Wow..the sign shadow is so crisp, great shots Lisa and great idea to photo share Bobbie!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Lisa's photos are a real delight! Interesting shadow design, like echoes on the old building!

Hot Fudge said...

Such beautiful shots. They brought back such nostalgic memories of when my husband and I took our three (then) young children around the States back in the Eighties. We made a point of visiting as many historic villages as we could fit in.

maryt/theteach said...

Wow! Great shadow! I'm glad you caught it! :)

G. Harrison said...

Thanks for your visit, bobbie, to It Strikes, and for explaining how the print shop shadow was made. I was looking at it closely before I read the explanation and wasn't 'getting it.'

I hope you enjoyed a peaceful Thanksgiving.

cheers,

Gord H.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

That is a very interesting shadow indeed - thanks for sharing it with us!!

Hey Harriet said...

I like these photos your friend Lisa took. It was sweet of you to share them :)

dianasfaria.com said...

these are great, very nice Lisa! & thank you too Bobbie.

Michelle said...

Great shadow shot, thanks for sharing.

Gina said...

Beautiful SS's your friend has taken.. and fun for you to share them :D

Resa med Herbert said...

Hi!

Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing.

The house looks a bit spoky to me but very very nice.

Have a nice sunday

Irene, from Gothenburg in Sweden

Elizabeth said...

Such a charming cottage in your photo.
Makes me want to visit Cold Spring.
Have visted Cold Spring Harbor on Long Island.

Dianne said...

Do you have time to be my agent?

You are the most supportive person :)

and I agree - Lisa's photos are all wonderful. These 2 are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shadow shots.

Paz

Jan said...

I'm glad Lisa "lent" you her photos, They really are wonderful.

Unknown said...

Wonderful SSS :D

Amalou said...

Very charming photographs of the historic little building.

Anonymous said...

Agree with you totally, what great photos and the shadow of the sign is perfect, well done to you both. :0) I haven't seen the critter photo challenge around before, your turtle is very cute!!

Tessa said...

Lovely! You really capture the ambience of this little clapboard building. I love the contrast between the leafy shadows and the sharp, clear lines of the shadow from the sign.

Anonymous said...

Amazing - especially the "Print Shop" shadow! ~ Deb