Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Electronic Gizmo Gremlins - And Chickens



Chickens first - Monday was Doug Savage's 1000th Chicken Cartoon. So he went on Flickr and determined he would draw 1000 chickens.

"Today is my 1000th cartoon! Amazing!! And to celebrate, I’m going to try to draw and post 1000 chickens today! I’ll be posting them over here on Flickr throughout the day!"

He did it!

Meantime.....






















..

........................................................................................

So here's the gremlin story.

A week or two ago the TV in my living room went crazy. Very loud static and very bad snow. Couldn't really see or hear a thing. This continued for several days and
nights, and I finally decided it had given up the ghost. I have another small TV in the bedroom, and didn't really miss the other one too much. I stopped trying to get it to work. Then Lisa came over (to hang my curtain), and happened to ask if the TV was working yet. I said no, and flipped it on to show her what it was doing. It worked perfectly. It continued to work for a few days. Yesterday it went flooey again. It'll work for an hour or two. Then - gremlins!

My PhotoSmart printer decided to refuse to accept the light blue ink cartridge one day. I bought a new one. It refused that too. It keeps refusing any new light blue cartridge. So I turned to my other printer - the cheap one I usually use only for scanning and copying. It printed my photos just fine. For a while. But it then refused to scan. Two days ago it stopped printing photos. But now it scans. Gremlins!

I went back to the PhotoSmart. Swabbed the contact with alcohol. Nothing. It isn't going to work. Even with Teddy sitting there to soothe it, it just won't accept the cartridge. The contact is shot. I'm told it's cheaper to buy a new printer than to have it fixed. If I do, it won't be a PhotoSmart! Gremlins.

My computer is working so slowly I'm going crazy. I even have to sit and wait for it to delete an email now. Yes, I've cleared the cache. Won't work. Gremlins!

If any little gremlin gets into my camera, I'll really go right over the edge!

.............................................................................

Lisa called me early today and told me how she defrags her computer. I'll try that tonight. Maybe it will help with one problem at least. Here's hoping!


4 comments:

Daryl said...

De-fragging makes a big difference .. BUT have you installed or upgraded the Norton or Semantic virus protection program you may have? That and Microsoft's constant tweaking of its programs often cause a slow down

As for the TV .. ours did that too .. it made us think we were nutz ... and then after it lulled us into thinking all was well .. it totally died.

Good luck with the other gremlins ..

And have a Happy Thanksgiving

:-Daryl

Sylvia K said...

Why do all these gremlins come at the same time???? Hope yours get lost soon! I know you'll be glad to have this month gone, but Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

kenju said...

I hope you can figure it out, Bobbie. I hate having computer trouble. I have an HP all-in-one printer/scanner/copier and I love it.

bobbie said...

Ah ha! That's what I have, Judy. An HP all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. That's the one that stopped scanning while I was able to print,and has now stopped printing but will scan.