Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Little of This and That



Want to see one of the abalone shells my family's friend found on Thanksgiving Day? This is a really big one.




...................................................................

Speaking of my family, the same daughter reports on her blog, these facts:
The median salary in Monterey County, CA is now $34,000.
The median price of a home in Montery County is $l milion.

There seems to be little hope for a young couple there to own a home.
What a sad state of affairs. No wonder so many young families have moved to Seattle or to Portland.

....................
.................................................

My personal feeling about listening to Indian people speaking English is that they have a lovely, almost lyrical sound when they speak. (But I do wish they'd slow down a little.) And they always seem so gracious and polite.

I'm sure many of you read blogs written by people from India. Don't you find that most of them seem to write that same way? Such beautiful descriptive passages.
They really "show" us what they are talking about. I think it is a lovely part of their culture. I have met only a few Indian people myself, so I really shouldn't make generalizations like that. But this is true of all I have met, and all whose blogs I have read. I
f I am trying to create a stereotype, I am sorry, but at least it is a favorable one. Am I wrong in that?

.......................................................................

OK. I just tried to go to my email. Yahoo seems to have sent me a page on which I am supposed to do a search. I don't want to do a search. I want to go to my email. But every time I try, I am told that address cannot be found. I can't seem to get anywhere except here to my blog. Well, at least I have this, so....


When I was out this afternoon I saw this by the side of the road. Thought it was pretty funny. Had to stop and take a picture. I'm glad someone has a good sense of humor about raking leaves.


When I saw it, I was on my way to be measured for a new pair of Rx shoes. As a diabetic, I do need to wear them.


I will never understand how my feet can be numb, (diabetic neuropathy) and still hurt so much. How can something be numb and hurt? They don't hurt when I'm walking in the Rx shoes. They hurt when I'm in bed, as I wake up in the morning. I have to get out of bed and walk around so they will stop hurting. Crazy.

......................................................................

I just went to Scroogle and put in, "How do I get rid of Quicklinks and get to my mail at Verizon-Yahoo". Boy! Did I get answers! Including one poor soul who tried to get rid of Verizon-Yahoo, and now warns everyone who has Verizon as their provider to Never, Never, Never go to Verizon-Yahoo! I agree whole heartedly, but it's too late for me. Once you have it, it's impossible to get rid of. And I really, really hate it!

Enough! More another day.

6 comments:

Judy said...

I have been having problems with Yahoo for several days now especially e-mail. Yes, I think the blogs I read from India are wonderful. Anil P and Suranga just mesmerize me when they write. They are so gifted in this respect and I enjoy them both so much. Love the picture!

Sylvia K said...

I love the blogs I read from India, too. They write in English so beautifully that I almost feel embarrassed. They are indeed gifted! Love all the information in yours today! Thanks! And what a wonderful picture! Wow!

Marla said...

My husband had neuropathy in his feet and hands from so much chemotherapy. His feet bothered him alot, painful he said. He cut his foot once outside and he couldn't even feel it! Didn't notice until he saw the blood. Weird, I agree, numb, but feeling pain!

Anonymous said...

Interesting tidbits here ... all of interest. Love the photo of what you saw on the way to the Rx ... housing prices and wages are so out of sync everywhere in California ... I've never used Yahoo Mail after having terrible experiences with AOL decades ago. Thanks for the 'heads up' about Verizon-Yahoo. I've made a mental note, but probably wouldn't have gone there anyway since I'm rather unhappy with Verizon these days for a variety of reasons.
Hugs and blessings,

Daryl said...

A lot of interesting observations and thoughts.

I have something called Reynaud's Syndrome which causes my hands and feet to lose circulation ... they turn white ... my hands have been doing this for years and only occasionally do they hurt when the blood/circulation comes back .. my feet however HURT horribly when the circulation comes back and I figured out why .. I cant tell when they lose circulation so I continue to walk and walk AND when I finally sit down/stop and the circulation comes back THAT is when I want to cry .. so I told the doctor and she gave me a BP med very very low dose and its helped a lot... still have the Reynauds, still lose circulation in my hands and feet but with less severity .. maybe a BP med would help you too...

:-Daryl

KG said...

I don't think my hubby and I will be homeowners for A LOOOOONG time from now. We lost money on the condo we had to sell because it was too small, and we want to pay off our crippling student loan debt, anyway. But maybe one day!