Monday, March 23, 2009

9/11 Memorial

My cousin emailed this to me yesterday. He wondered why it was never given publicity. I don't recall any either. My daughter said that it looked familiar to her but she did not remember where she saw it. That does seem strange. In any case, I thought I would post it for those not familiar with it.

........................................


















This is a gift that was given to the United States of America by the people of Russia, to commemorate those who died in the attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11.

It is called "Monument to the Struggle Against World Terrorism" and the artist is Zurab Tsereteli.

The tear drop is a very impressive tribute and is located across the river, directly in line with the Statue of Liberty.

12 comments:

Daryl said...

Alas there's nothing in here to see

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi! There are no pictures. Lisa

kenju said...

No photos here, Bobbie. I have seen it, though. I got it in an email.

Dianne said...

I'm having the same problem - assumed it was my PC

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get any pictures either, but I Googled it and found some. I had no idea it was there!

Lisa said...

actually, I just realized you can read it if you select the text...

storyteller said...

Hmmm ... I see the photos and agree it's a most impressive gift, but I wasn't aware of it previously. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,

maryt/theteach said...

I haven't ever seen it before, bobbie. Thanks for bringing it to light! :)

Sylvia K said...

I couldn't see the pictures earlier, but can now and they are a lovely tribute, but wonder why so few people know about them??? I have to admit that I didn't. Strange times, I guess. Anyway, thanks for sharing these, they are lovely! and it is good to know.

Dianne said...

it's beautiful Bobbie!! I have to find out exactly where it is and visit it

betty-NZ said...

Sad that it wasn't more publicly recognized. such a beautiful tribute.

betty-NZ said...

I can understand why I didn't hear in NZ, but it's strange that no one from the US sent it. thanks for posting about it.