Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Random Thoughts

Here I go again. When I'm cooped up inside too long, I just start thinking of this and that, without any real direction. Not that it's really been very long this time. And not that I really wanted to go any place in particular, but when I know I can't go, it makes me want to go some place.

The snow storm was brief, but I'm glad it's over. I do love it that someone built a seven foot snowman on the boardwalk in Ocean City. I saw it on the news.

The infamous "Dr. Seuss plant" in my living room is so far out of hand, you wouldn't believe it. It has taken off in about seven different directions. I'm not sure just how I'm going to handle it when the time does come to move it outside.

Lisa reports that her two little outdoor kittens took off the other night and she hasn't seen them since. Even at feeding time. I hope they come home soon, Lisa. I hope they have just found themselves a nice warm spot to curl up in.

Today was certainly a beautiful one, all sunshine and blue skies. Hard to believe the temperature, when you dare to stick your nose out the door for a minute. The day started in the low teens, and it isn't a whole lot better yet.

Can you believe that Daylight Savings Time starts this Sunday? I hate the whole idea of Daylight Savings. Wish they'd just leave things alone. Mother Nature knows what she's doing.

Well, my mind is now grinding to a halt. Nothing else seems to be rattling around in there. Guess I'll go play mah jongg. Meantime, I could leave you with another chicken joke. Why not?

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I love the chickens! And I love it when you ramble, always a fun read.

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about the clock changing - thanks for the heads up!

Kay said...

I haven't played Mah Jongg in such a long time I think I've forgotten the rules.

I love your chicken comic. Cute!

Daylight savings time already? Wow! We don't have the change in Hawaii but I need to remember it for our calls to Illinois, etc.

kenju said...

Bobbie, you may have to prune that plant back a little when you take it out. Can you show a photo of it now?

Unknown said...

Daylight savings already?? Wow. It felt like the dead of winter today. So, so cold.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hello! Isn't that the truth. We can be home all day long no problems, but once we're stuck inside, we want to go, just because.
I always enjoy the chickens. Lisa

Dawn Fine said...

fun ramblings...keep ramblin ramblin..yeah show your Dr.Suess plant again...

Linda Murphy said...

I think it's Dr. Seuss' birthday this week. I hope it warms up a bit for you-I'll try to send some of our sunny sunshine and 10 degrees above normal temps your way. We are actually lamenting the start of summer here!