Monday, March 2, 2009

Honest Award



My dear friend, Lisa, from Ramblings of a Villas Girl, has seen fit to give me the above award. It involves my listing ten honest things about myself. As I told her, I sometimes have a little trouble being completely honest with myself, but I'm going to give it a try. Here goes:


l. Procrastination in others really drives me crazy.

2 I'm a terrible procrastinator myself.

3. I hate housework. Always have. I do as little as possible to still keep the place reasonably sanitary and presentable.

4. I cannot open childproof caps on medicine bottles. I brought one home two days ago without checking at the store that it was not childproof. I'm pleased and proud to report that I got it open - with a monkey wrench!

5. I forget to eat. I really do. You wouldn't believe it to look at me, but it's the truth. I never, ever get hungry, so I forget. Sometimes miss a meal completely, or at least end up eating it so late that it runs into the next one.

6. My feelings get very hurt when family or friends forget or ignore something that I feel is really important.

7. My short term memory is completely gone, and I sometimes forget things that are really important to others.

8. I lose things all the time - important things. And my house is so small that I do not understand how I can do that. (Lisa keeps a set of house and and car keys for me.)

9. I own three pairs of jeans and wear them ALL THE TIME with tees or sweats. Very rarely wear anything else from my closet.

10. I'm lazy. Really. A lazy procrastinator.


I think that's about as honest as I can get.

Lisa says this is a no-obligation award, so I am going to take advantage of that and not pass it on to anyone else. (I told you, I'm lazy.)

7 comments:

Kathie Brown said...

Bobbie, you are bold! I can't believe you were able to be that honest with yourself and us. I am a procastinator also and totally understand. As for the short term memory loss, well, it happens to the best of us. I have a bit of it myself! Keep on smiling and living the best life you can. I thank you always for your visits to my blog my honest friend!

Sylvia K said...

I got this one a while back and was amazed that I could be as out and out blatant about my many quirks and faults and then put out there to be read. But what the heck, if we've gotten this far along, it can't hurt to finally spill the beans about ourselves. And by the way, we still have a lot in common!

bobbie said...

I'm willing to bet that the one of these things that most of the ladies who blog will find most shocking is my attitude toward housework. I imagine that most of them had lovely, spotless homes. To them I would say - my house is clean enough, but it is NOT neat and shiny. I've always said it's a reaction to my mother's compulsive housekeeping. Whatever the reason, I just think there are so many other things in life so very much more important.

dianasfaria.com said...

I feel the same way about the housework Bobbie! I gave a friend a mug with a saying on it that said, " a clean house is a sign of a wasted life." Not to offend anyone, this is just meant for those of us who don't like housework! I appreciate a clean house, I just look for excuses not to do it.
Thanks for your honesty.
LOL!

kenju said...

I love your honesty, Bobbie. My house is like yours. I used to be a clean-freak and you'd never find a dust bunny there, but no more. Blogging is more important.

Kay said...

Well Bobbie, you and I have a lot in common but especially the lazy part. I HATE housework, too.

I never forget to eat though...unfortunately.

My feelings do get hurt to and I lose things all the time. Sigh... and my memory? Sigh....

Anonymous said...

Lots of the same things would be on my list, were I not too lazy to begin one... maybe I should start one later. After all, why do today, what can be put off until tomorrow?/Deb