Thursday, March 5, 2009

Snow in Cape May

This is for the benefit of readers who are familiar with the City of Cape May in New Jersey, who might be interested in how the town looked last weekend.

These photos were all taken by Christopher South for the Cape May Star and Wave newspaper. My scanner isn't working, so I am not really doing them justice. They won't be reproduced with very good quality, but I guess you can get an idea of what it was like. There were up to ten inches of snow - more than we had here.

This is how the Washington Street Mall looked as a city truck worked to clear it.


This is the waves crashing on a snowy shore.


This would be a path over the dunes, across from St.Peter's By the Sea up at the Point.


And this, of course, is St. Peter's. It's the poorest quality because it was on the fold of the paper. Sorry. Mr. South's photos were really so much better than this.

Certainly not the best representation, but I hope you at least enjoyed a brief look at how it was. Thanks to Lisa for suggesting I post these pictures.

Don't you love the one of the waves crashing?

12 comments:

Ralph said...

The one with the waves crashing is great. Don't know if I've ever seen one with snow before.
Ralph

Kay said...

Very beautiful.... My mom is happy that it's not so cold over here in Hawaii today. When it drops below 75, she's "freezing."

Reader Wil said...

Yes I like the one with the waves crashing on the shore, but the first one is my favourite.Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Cape May is such a pretty, Victorian town - it must look like a Christmas card with the snow.

Sylvia K said...

Those are great! and the wave is awesome! Thanks for sharing them, Bobbie!

Peggy said...

Thank you for a great look at Cape May...I loved the waves in particular! Glad I came by,I'll come again!

Dianne said...

I love the path photo! and the fold in St. Peters adds a certain haunted feel to the photo

Dawn Fine said...

Wow..I was there in October...sure didnt look like that...they sure did get allot of snow!

Margaret Cloud said...

Thanks for sharing your snow storm, the pictures are very nice. Thank goodness our snow is gone for now and it has warmed up a bit.

Gretchen said...

The waves photo is my absolute favorite! Thanks for sharing them! :)

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

I'm glad you decided to post them. My favorite is the path. Lisa

dianasfaria.com said...

I love these Cape May snow scenes. What a picture perfect town Bobbie!