Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day











Happy Valentine's Day to all of my readers.



Valentine's Day makes me feel a bit sentimental and nostalgic. It makes me think of a poem by Rabindranath Tagore. I'll give you just the end of it, which seems appropriate for me:

"We, indeed, have leisure enough in old age
to count the days that are past,
to cherish in our hearts what our
hands have lost for ever.

The river runs swift with a song,
breaking through all barriers.
But the mountain stays and remembers,
and follows her with his love. "


I wish you Love and Joy - and always - Peace










Photos courtesy of Webshots

9 comments:

Mamapippa ... said...

Have a very great Valentine's day too !

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too. Lisa

dianasfaria.com said...

I feel the same way Bobbie.
Happy Valentine's Day my friend!

kenju said...

Yes, we do have our memories to keep us warm, right? Happy Valentine's Day, Bobbie!

Daryl said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too Bobbie .. wishing you chocolate & peace!

Dawn Fine said...

Happy Valentines Day to you Bobbie..
I hope you have a wonderful Day.

storyteller said...

Lovely post ;--)
Happy Valentine's day to YOU too!
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

So sorry to be late in wishing you a happy valentine's day but I mean it everyday, so I hope that helps to redeem me! :-)

((hug))

All the love,
Gina

Anonymous said...

Just delightful - all of it - the daffodil shadows, candy, hummingbird and poetry... perfect fit! I echo your sentiments about the wild fires. /Deb