Sunday, February 1, 2009

Two Awards


Gina, aka The Pagan Sphinx, has been kind enough to give me the award you see above. And isn't it appropriate that it is YELLOW, and this is Mellow Yellow Monday?(Or will be shortly) You're too good to me, Gina. And you gave me a chuckle when you mentioned that I write about my "Norman Rockwell" past. When I re-read my own posts, I guess it does seem that way sometimes. I think I choose to remember things that seem that way, ignoring the parts that were pretty far from it. Why dwell on unpleasant things?

There are a couple of rules involved, but Gina was kind enough to free us from them. Actually, I think I'd enjoy following them this time - but also with the stipulation that no one has to follow them unless they choose to do so.

First rule is to list five addictions.

l. Photography
2. Blogging
3. Chocolate
4. Weather - I keep checking it on line and on TV, even though they are so often wrong. It makes such a difference to my physical well being.
5. Talking and writing about my grandson. Well... I'm a grandmother.

The other rule is passing it on to five other bloggers:

Daryl, who writes Out and About in New York City, and does it so very well. I love her photographs and her weekly cartoon, and the fact that she answers every comment by email, and her sense of humor and general attitude.

Deborah, whose Notes from the Cloud Messenger is a must for me every day. A beautiful blog. Again with wonderful photographs. And again, presented with her own special sense of humor. I guess humor is a very important ingredient for me.

Ann's blog, Nature Tales and Camera Trails is one of my favorites. Check out her profile for her other blogs as well. Her nature photos are always so very beautiful. Fabulous indeed.

Lisa's photoblog, Villas Girl Photos, has become the first thing I check in the morning. She has another blog, which I enjoy just as much, Ramblings of a Villas Girl, but I have to admit, I am always anxious to see her photos because they are places we have visited together, or where she has gone and I am hoping to visit.

Sylvia writes Sylvia From Over the Hill, but I don't believe she is "over the hill" at all. Her writing belies that. And once again, her sense of humor comes smiling through time and again. She keeps herself well informed on the current scene, and shares her knowledge with us. Her photographs are pretty fantastic too.

Thank you again, Gina. Judging from the choices you made, we will be in very good company.

.....................................................................

The second award is from Sylvia From Over the Hill. Yes, the same Sylvia who I named for the previous award, and who just informed me that she is giving me this one, which acknowledges effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values, and is intended to promote community among bloggers.

I am very flattered and honored, Sylvia. That's a lot to live up to. I know that I am also asked to pass it on to fifteen fellow bloggers. That's a lot of bloggers. I know quite a few who deserve it. There are a lot of truly wonderful bloggers out there. But I'm going to have to think about this one. You took my by surprise. Thank you so much!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh thanks. I have to copy your words here. I'm flattered and honored. I love that there are a little dog in the award. I was planning on posting photos from the dog show. Probably for the next couple of weeks with the amount that I took:o) Lisa

Daryl said...

How chic .. and I am tickled pink to get this yellow award ..and be in such good company .. you, Bobbie, deserved both of these!

Tink *~*~* said...

Bobbie, congratulations on your awards. They are well-deserved. Always enjoy looking at your photos.

Tink *~*~*

me ann my camera said...

Thank you for the mention and award Bobbie. You comments and interesting posts are always most appreciated.
ann

Kathie Brown said...

Congrats on the award, Bobbie! You certainly deserve it.