Monday, February 16, 2009

No Comics Today

Yesterday I started fooling around with toonlet. It looked like fun, and I thought I just might do a comic or two now and then, more for my own amusement than anything else.


Well, you know I'm not very computer savvy. In fact, I'm a real dummy. But I did get a character or two designed. I'm sure if I took enough time I could have done better. My character has little resemblance to me. Much too young looking for one thing, but I really don't mind that. I tried other people in my life, and no, they don't look anything like them really, but have vague similarity to them. I put together one little strip. Not funny, just a brief conversation between two characters, to see what it would look like. But when I clicked on that "make comic" button, all that came up was a red message telling me that my link didn't look like a valid url.


Now, I may not be computer savvy. But I think I know my url. I've tried it a few times now, and that's all I get. So, no comics today.


I've been "talking" to a nice guy from toonlet, who is trying to help me, so maybe we'll figure it out eventually. Meantime, I can have fun trying to put together some more characters that look something like my family and friends. It is fun trying to build people. Sort of like playing with Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, but I had a computer boo-boo over the weekend, so don't feel like tackling anything new, temporarily lost my nerve I think!

Sylvia K said...

It does look like fun! but after all my recent computer troubles, I'm too chicken to try anything much. Hope you have a great day -- we have SUN!!! today. I'm ecstatic!

Dianne said...

trying to build people!!

that made me laugh

Marla said...

I wouldn't be any good at creating a cartoon! Not creative enough.

Margaret Cloud said...

You did a lot better than I could have, it looks just like the comic characters in the paper and just as good, hope your weekend is going great.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cute! Sounds like an enjoyable project, once the kinks are worked out.

Brrr! Bobbie, do you realize it's still snowing over here, on your blog? I'm going "home" to my new "tidy starlings" header w/o snow... Deb

Kay said...

Sounds like a fun thing to do and creative to boot. It's always wonderful to learn a new technique to keep our minds flexible and active. God knows, I need it.

Unknown said...

You can try to build me if you want, but it might be easier just to go with the plastic pieces of Mrs. Potato Head! :-D

That looks like fun.