Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thematic Photographic #35 - Part 3

I seem to have found quite a number of photos I feel represent the theme of "Down". Carmi's Written, Inc. is where you will find others and where you can participate yourself.


These photos appeared on my blog last summer after a visit to Hereford Inlet Lighthouse. In the first one, my friend, Lisa and I were saying, "Is that a duck down under the steps?"


























And then Lisa and an employee of the Lighthouse gift shop were looking down at the duck.








The gardener came to put some water down for the duck to drink.



















And there she is, down under the bench, having a drink.




















It seems that she and the drake pay regular visits to the Lighthouse, and the employees always make sure that they receive grain and water.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a surefire way to into a duck's heart! Wonderful series of shots!!

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

I remember this. What fun this was. She was soo cute and appreciative of the food and water. Lisa

Daryl said...

Lighthouse pets ... a good book for children ...

Anonymous said...

Fun post and pics, never heard of that blog, I'll check it out:)

Kathie Brown said...

How good it is to know there are kind people like that in the world.

Unknown said...

Great choices, Bobbie. I love the last one, especially.

Interestingly, I discovered through my search of pictures that I don't have many pictures looking down.

I needs me a grandkid! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sweet story - nice little vignette, with nice accompanying photos. /Deb