Wednesday, September 24, 2008
As you can see, I have changed the appearance of my blog a bit. I think it will make it easier for me to see. My old eyes didn't like the old look. It will also make it easier for me to put larger pictures into my posts. Hope you like it.
I should mention, in case you've never seen it - the cat picture is not mine. It's been around on emails for years now.
The following were sent to me by email.
WARNING: Do Not Read If You Hate Puns
l. The roundest knight at King Arthur's Round Table was Sir Cumference.
2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.
3. She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.
4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a method of math disruption.
5. The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work.
6. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
7. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
8. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.
9. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.
10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
11. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.
12. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
13. Two hats were hanging on a hatrack in the hallway. One said, "You stay here. I'll go on a head."
14. I wondered why the baseball seemed to keep getting bigger. Then it hit me.
15. A sign on the lawn at the drug rehab center said Keep Off The Grass.
16. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to the hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, "No change yet."
17. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion. (Is that a chicken joke?)
18. The short fortune teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
19. The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
20. A backward poet writes inverse.
21. In Democracy it's your vote that counts. In Feudalism it's your count that votes.
22. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.
23. Don't join dangerous cults. Practice safe sects.
What can I say? Every once in a while you've just got to get a little silly.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
We do need "silly" now and then and particularly these days! Good puns and I like what you've done with your site -- and hey, you've changed! or is that someone else at the computer? I love it and he/she looks as though he's/she's having fun!
I love the new look. The font size is sooo much easier to read. I enjoyed the e-mail. Lisa
Love the new look!!
And puns are so much fun.
What a great post-I love puns though.
I love the new blog look-I actually double-checked that I clicked on the right blog! It's great and I love your quote on the banner.
Love the new look! Do we think Palin is an optical Aleutian? I know I do.
Hehehehe. Whoever doesn't enjoy a clever pun is no fun at all!
The new look suits me fine. My two "oldest" features are my hair -
which, at age 49 is about 90% white. AND my eyesight which has gone from near-sighted since age 9 to can't see worth shit at age 49. So, I thank thank you from the bottom of my beyond middle-aged heart! ;-)
It's still a work in progress. I'll get it right one of these days.
I like this facelift to your blog! Well done! I enjoyed reading those puns. Reminds me of some good ones from Austin Powers, which I watched again few days ago.
OK, one or two groans but who doesn't love a pun? Something to make us all smile. Thanks, Bobbie.
Nice new lay-out for the blog.
These were so funny! I can't wait to tell my friends today at work. I will be the wittiest one at lunch for sure! God bless.
Ohmygosh … I have a friend who will LOVE these and I must admit I chuckled at quite a few myself. Methinks I’ll add a link back here tomorrow in my Saturday Smiley post so that others can enjoy this humorous bit of silliness too … just because Thanks for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Hello Bobbie !
You are a lovely cat !
I like Your photo...
See You later.
My cats do the same with the tv... :-)
Post a Comment