Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another New Blog! And Other Stuff


Wow! Everyone is doing it! Dianne doesn't need my promotion I'm sure. She already has a huge following. But in case you hadn't heard, she is starting a new photo blog called Do You See What I See. I know it will be great. She's been into photography for a while, and she's good. Very innovative.

.........................................................


My daughter, Kitty, left word on her blog, Fetal Positions II, about a new line of goods on the market, all related to the now infamous phrase, "That One". It's pretty darned funny. I'm too cheap. I made myself my own little logo thingy for my sidebar.
But they do have some really nice shirts and hats and such.

..........................................................

I think the birders are here in Cape May in full force now. I had forgotten for the moment that they were coming. Happened to drive down to Cape May - well, actually up, to Cape May Point this morning. I'd intended t
o do the nature trail or something. But when I got there, the parking lot was crowded and there were lots of people on the hawk watch platform, and bicycles were rolling everywhere, and people were walking around shouldering expensive looking cameras. I'm a rather solitary soul when I head out to meet Mother Nature, so I just said, "Oh, well" and went home.


I saw quite a few butterflies flitting around, but not any real swarm of monarchs, so I guess they aren't ready to take off on their migration yet. Soon.

.............................................................

Haven't posted a Dave Walker cartoon in a while. How about this one:

His Cartoons for Blogs are free for the taking.

..........................................
................

Gee, but it's hot again. I put my a/c on this afternoon. I sure hope it cools off this weekend as promised by the weatherman. I am not fond of a/c weather. One nice thing about the warmer weather is, today I found this out on the back deck.








I had thought they were all finished. I hadn't even looked at them recently, nor trimmed off that little dead stem, as you can see. I really should be paying closer attention.

..........................................................

My cousin sent me another good email yesterday. He called it "Oddball Stuff" -


For all You Folks Who Have Difficulty Converting Units:

Ratio of an igloo's circumference To its diameter = Eskimo Pi
2000 lbs of Chinese soup = Won Ton
1 millionth of a Mouthwash = 1 Microscope
Time between slipping on a peel and smacking the pavement = 1 bananasecond
Weight an evangelist carries with God = 1 billigram
Time it takes to sail 1 nautical mile per hour = 1 knotfurlong
16.5 feet in the Twilight Zone = 1 Rod Serling
Half of a large intestine = 1 semicolon
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz
Basic unit of laryngitis = 1 hoarsepower
Shortest distance between 2 jokes = 1 straight line
456.3 graham crackers = 1 pound cake
1 million microphones = 1 megaphone

Strange Definitions:

Eye Dropper - a clumsy ophthamologist
Heroes - what a guy in a boat does
Left Bank - what the robber did when his bag was full of money
Paradox - 2 physicians
Parasites - what you see from the Eiffel Tower
Pharmacist - a helper on a farm
Polarize - what penguins see with
Primate - removing your spouse from the couch in front of the TV
Relief - what trees do in the spring
Rubberneck - what you do to relax your wife
Selfish - what the owner of a seafood store does
and our favorite:
Sudafed - litigation brought against a government official.

.............................................................

Well, I don't suppose any of my posts of odds and ends would be complete without a chicken joke. It just doesn't seem right to end without one. So..........




What is this? A chicken joke without chickens? How can that be?




Hey! You'll have to ask Doug Savage, It's his cartoon, not mine.



I like it anyway.




15 comments:

Judy said...

I love the definition of pharmacist. Also, like your sign on the sidebar. The weather here has been beautiful for this time of the year.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for starting my day off with some laughs! They're needed after last night's election up here...(being a hyphenated person, I get involved in both). I hope it doesn't bode ill for the Dems in Nov.

dianasfaria.com said...

I love the Walker cartoon, he must be a blogger!

Sylvia K said...

We do indeed need all the laughs we can get these days and this is a great post, informative and funny and I love it. Thanks for a great start to the day!

Daryl said...

I have some wonderful Monarch shots from last September in Cape May ...

I am off to checkout your daughter's link AND Dianne's new blog

:-Daryl

kenju said...

It's going to be 87* here today, Bobbie. I like warm weather, but this is ridiculous! I'll check out your links later.

me ann my camera said...

I like the bits and pieces and news and chattiness of your post. Happy Wednesday, just because its Wednesday.
ann

Kelly said...

You got my day off to a great start! It renews the soul(at least it helps mine!)

Check out my blog, there's something there for you!!! I know you don't like Awards, but maybe if you do choose to do anything, you can add all of these "new" blogs that everyone is starting up! You know how much I respect and enjoy you, so just a little recognition and appreciation for you! Have a Great Day!

Michele said...

OH wow... Your post was delightful... I was feeling a little under the weather today and you really cheered me up quite a bit! I am soooooooo happy I dropped by... I thank you, my friend, for cheering me up!
~Michele~
Mountain Retreat- Canada

Dianne said...

My AC has been on too. I so love cool breezes (when my neighbor shuts up!!) and hope we don't go straight into winter.

love the game of cat and mouse

and thank you!!
for mentioning the photo blog. I appreciate that :)

Amila Salgado said...

A post with many tastes!
I love those cartoons especially the cat and mouse one.

Cliff said...

I fear your mind is on 'scan' today bobbie. All good, disconnected stuff for sure. Thanks.

Bear Naked said...

Bobbie
Come over to my blog on Thursday.
I have something for you.

Bear((( )))

Shelly said...

Sitting here on the couch, giggling out loud at the Dave Walker cartoon.
That's a funny one.
Love Kitty's peace pumpkin!

storyteller said...

What a ‘kewl’ post with all sorts of interesting information! I love the link to the Dave Walker cartoons and laughed aloud at the Oddball Stuff. Thanks for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,