Friday, October 31, 2008

Follow Up to Halloween


Thanks for all the good wishes - and Boo's. Blogger announced that he couldn't either publish or save the Boo blog I was doing, and promptly erased it. Oh well. I think between Sky Watch Friday and Halloween, everything was overloaded.


But meanwhile, in California, My son-in-law finished the tiger's costume (except for the tail, which Kitty did), and the Tiger and his parents, the Living Dead, went to see the great pumpkin in the mall, and did some trick or treating.


















In New Jersey, Aunt Rita and her fellow workers in the library, dressed as books. They wore sandwich signs, front and back covers of said books, all day at work.



Here at home we had Trick or Treat night from 6: until 8: in our town. Lisa and I spent most of that time on the phone with one another, pausing to give the little goblins candy from time to time, comparing notes on costumes, etc.

Our block is very quiet and with few children. Altogether we only had 10 or 11 come to our doors, which was actually more than last year. Not like the old neighborhood, where I sometimes treated 100 or so. I think that these days most parents are wary of strangers and what they give to children, and they make arrangements for parties or keep them close to home. That is probably for the best.

The cutest little guy I had visit me was a tiny little vampire, who was very shy. I had to give the pumpkin filled with candy to his Daddy to give to him. He wouldn't come close to me. - Well, maybe he sensed what I had learned earlier in the day when I went to a site that Storyteller had on her post: "Are You a Witch?" It seems that I am all of 45% witch! Beware!

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Great pictures! We don't have any kids come around here at all anymore and I think you're right about parents finding other ways for them to celebrate Halloween. Another sad story of what has happened to our country over the years.

Gretchen said...

What a little cutie!

Hope everyone is having a very Happy Halloween and a Blessed Samhain!

Marla said...

I just posted my Halloween tribute. I worked till 8:30 tonight so I missed all the trick or treaters.

Kay said...

I agree that there are less and less Trick or Treaters every year. I was surprised that we didn't get very many in Illinois either. That tiger is absolutely adorable!

bobbie said...

Gretchen, I had never heard of Samhain until you said that. Now I know it's Nov.1, and often considered the Celtic New Year. Thank you. I learned something new.

Lilly said...

Thats a great post. I cant imagine having 100 children stop by your house. We dont clebrate Halloween here but its great to see the effort people go to. I love the tiny tigers costume - very cute!!!

Claire, said...

Wonderful! We don't have trick-or-treated where we live in California. We're way out on the coast in farm country, little spooks would be hard pressed to find us. Each year I do regret it, though.

Webradio said...

Nice post, yes !