Thursday, October 16, 2008
Thank you, Kelly and Bear
A very sweet blogger, Kelly, of America As Seen by Kelly, has given me an award. It's a lovely one, and comes with very easy rules to follow. Just list six things that make you happy, and pass it on to six others. Six things that make me happy should be easy. Well, on second thought, maybe not because it is hard to limit it to six.
l. Family has always been the center of my life. My husband made me happier than anyone has a right to be. And my children and grandchildren are a joy.
2. Friends are so important to happiness. I have very few old friends left any more. We do grow old and we do die. That's just the way life goes. But all of them are still in my heart and memories make me happy. I have a handful, scattered across the country, and we keep in touch, mostly by email now. And I have two very dear friends here, now. They are both young enough to be my daughters, but are precious to me nonetheless.
3. Fotography is a great joy to me. (I had to keep that "F" theme, didn't I?) I just love it and find it a diversion I never want to give up.
4. and 5. Flora and Fauna. I do love Mother Nature.
6. Fun. Fun encompasses all of the above and more. It includes blogging and other writing, music, art, people watching, finding humor in whatever life tosses my way.
Most recently, I have passed when it came to choosing others to receive awards, with the one exception of the one for Solidarity Among Left of Center Bloggers.
And on that one I kind of regretted not including several more. I don't generally like to choose, partly because of having to leave out some, and partly because of not wanting to obligate others. There are so many really creative bloggers! I find more every day. My "Favorites" list is so long it is getting absurd. My list of "Must Read Every Day" on my sidebar doesn't look very long, but in reality, there are so many others, I've given up trying to list them all. Please feel free to sit yourself down and list six things that make you happy, and send this fun award on if you like.
Kelly, thank you once again. I enjoy your blog and your pictures and your comments. I appreciate your award so very much. Here. This is for you. You will probably recognize it. It originally came from Michele, up in the Rocky Mountains. She graciously extended it to all of her blogging friends, and so I'm passing this one on to you. She won't mind.
And this morning Bear Naked gave me another award! It is the Million Dollar Friend Award.
Well, Bear, here is one of Michelle's hugs for you, too.
I love your blog, Bear. I love those teddy bears, and never cease to wonder at how you manage to come up with a new and different way to dress them appropriately to whatever topic is on the menu each day. Always an interesting topic.
Once again, there are rules that come with the award:
1. Only five people allowed.
2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog.
4. You must link back to whoever has given you the award.
Well, that last one is easy. The other three, not so much. And once again, I am going to decline to pass it on. As you said of your own followers, Bear, every one of them is a Million Dollar Friend. I feel that way too, and just cannot begin to choose only five. In the short time I have been blogging, my readers have become a real necessity in my life. I cherish each one. Thank you so much for thinking of me as a friend, and giving me this award!